latest news releases from the newsroom
Associated Estates Realty Corporation
Associated Estates to Present At NAREIT's 2009 Investor Forum
CLEVELAND, May 20, 2009 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Associated Estates Realty Corporation (NYSE:AEC) (Nasdaq:AEC) today announced that the Company will participate in REITWeek 2009: NAREIT's Investor Forum scheduled for Wednesday, June 3 through Friday, June 5 at the Waldorf=Astoria Hotel in New York City, NY.
SoBran Wins Multimillion-Dollar Contract with US Air Force
FAIRFAX, Va., May 20, 2009 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SoBran, an ISO9001:2001-certified software and engineering support company, will continue its development support for United States Air Force defense and mission systems with a new multimillion-dollar contract.
Vostok New Ventures Ltd.
Vostok Nafta: THREE MONTHS REPORT COVERING THE PERIOD JANUARY 1, 2009–MARCH 31, 2009
- Net result for the period was USD –38.72 mln (January 1, 2008–March 31, 2008:
160.76). Earnings per share was USD –0.53 (3.49).
- The net asset value of the company was USD 275.48 mln (December 31, 2008:
247.89) on March 31, 2009, corresponding to USD 2.99 (5.39) per share. Given a
SEK/USD exchange rate of 8.2557 the corresponding values were SEK 2,274.27 mln
and SEK 24.71, respectively.
- The group’s net asset value per share in USD decreased by 44.44% over the
period January 1, 2009–Ma
Generex Biotechnology Corp.
Generex Comments on Recent Stock Offering
WORCESTER, Mass., May 20, 2009 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- On May 15, 2009, Generex Biotechnology Corporation (Nasdaq:GNBT) (www.generex.com) announced the consummation of a $5,000,000 registered direct offering of shares of the Company's common stock to selected accredited investors at $0.33 per share. The amount of the offering was the maximum permitted by paragraph 8 of the February 27, 2009 forbearance and amendment agreements signed by the Company with the holders of the Company's 8% senior secured convertible notes. Pursuant to that paragraph, although the conversion price of the note holders' warrants to acquire Company common stock was reduced, the number of shares of the Company's common stock issuable pursuant to the exercise of those warrants was not increased such that the offering will not increase the amount of dilution under those warrants. The offering was a discounted offering of the Company's common stock, with no warrant coverage, and was the first utilization of the Company's extant shelf registration statement. The stock issued in the offering represented approximately 9.24% of the issued and outstanding shares of the Company's common stock immediately prior to the offering. 80% of the offering was subscribed for by new investors in Generex. The remaining 20% of the offering was subscribed for by high net worth long-time investors in the Company. The net proceeds of the offering (approximately $4,800,000 after fees and expenses (the placement agent's fee was 2%)) will be used, among other things, to fund the continuing global Phase 3 clinical trial of Generex Oral-lyn(tm), the Company's proprietary oral insulin spray product, and the Antigen Express, Inc. (www.antigenexpress.com) synthetic vaccines development programs for cancers and influenzas. Antigen Express is the Company's wholly-owned immunotherapeutics vaccines subsidiary.