latest news releases from the newsroom
Galapagos Appoints Andre Hoekema as Managing Director Galadeno
LEIDEN, Netherlands, April 12, 2005 (PRIMEZONE) -- Galapagos, a genomics-based drug discovery company, has appointed Dr. Andre Hoekema as Managing Director of Galadeno, Galapagos' services unit. Galadeno has a proven track record in novel target discovery using adenoviral siRNA technologies, endorsed by top tier pharmaceutical companies. With this appointment, Galapagos further strengthens its management to lead the company in its next phase of development. "We are very pleased to have someone of Andre's caliber lead our services unit," commented Onno van de Stolpe, CEO of Galapagos. "Andre brings to Galapagos a vast experience in the biotech industry and a solid background in business development. His invaluable expertise will be a tremendous asset to the Galapagos organization."
Straumann Holding AG
Straumann Launches CARES and Three new Products at IDS
COLOGNE, Germany, April 12, 2005 (PRIMEZONE) -- At the International Dental Show (IDS) in Cologne, Germany, today Straumann (Other OTC:SAUHF), a global leader in implant dentistry and dental tissue regeneration, presented several new products and services that underpin the company's leadership in predictable long-term esthetics and treatment safety in implant dentistry.
Fortis to acquire Disbank, Turkey's Seventh Largest Privately Owned Bank
BRUSSELS, Belgium, April 12, 2005 (PRIMEZONE) -- Fortis and Disbank's majority shareholders -- Dogan Group, Dogan family and two funds -- yesterday signed an agreement by which Fortis will acquire 89.3% of Disbank's shares outstanding. Fortis will also make a public bid for the remaining 10.7% of Disbank's shares. Total consideration will be approximately EUR 985 million, subject to price adjustments.With more than one million customers, around 120,000 small entreprise customers and around 10,000 Commercial Banking clients (i.e. medium sized enterprises), Disbank is the seventh largest privately owned bank in Turkey in terms of assets and is listed on the Istanbul stock exchange. The bank has a history of Commercial Banking and has in recent years also developed a strong growing platform in Retail Banking along with selected Merchant Banking activities. Disbank has a network of 173 branches concentrated in the most dynamic regions of the country, of which six are strategically located Business Centres. It is also one of Turkey's best rated banks.
Canary Resources Inc.
Canary Resources Prepares for Drilling Campaign
TORONTO, April 11, 2005 (PRIMEZONE) -- Canary Resources Inc. ("Canary")(Pink Sheets:CYRR), a coalbed methane (CBM) company, announces that it has engaged the services of an international geophysical team to assist Canary in optimizing well locations prior to its drilling program which is expected to commence in the second quarter of this year.
Brower Piven, A Professional Corporation
Law Offices of Charles J. Piven, P.A. Announces Class Action Lawsuit against WatchGuard Technologies, Inc. -- WGRD
BALTIMORE, April 11, 2005 (PRIMEZONE) -- Law Offices Of Charles J. Piven, P.A. today announced that a securities class action was commenced on behalf of shareholders who purchased, converted, exchanged or otherwise acquired the common stock of WatchGuard Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq:WGRD) between February 12, 2004 and March 15, 2005, inclusive (the "Class Period").
Credit Acceptance Corporation
Credit Acceptance Announces Possible Change in Accounting for Loan Portfolio and Receipt of Nasdaq Delisting Notice
SOUTHFIELD, Mich., April 11, 2005 (PRIMEZONE) -- Credit Acceptance Corporation (NASDAQ:CACCE) Credit Acceptance Corporation (the "Company") announced that its independent registered public accounting firm, Deloitte & Touche LLP ("Deloitte"), informed the Company on April 8, 2005 that it believes that the Company should account for loans using a different methodology than the methodology that has been utilized by the Company since going public in 1992. As a result, the Company's previously released GAAP financial results, including those in the most recent earnings release, may require restatement. The Company does not believe, however, that previously released Adjusted Earnings and Adjusted Economic Profit, which the Company considers to be its most relevant measure of financial performance, will be impacted by any change in accounting method. Deloitte has confirmed to the Company that they have changed their position through a re-examination of previously available information and not due to new facts and or GAAP pronouncements. The Company is reviewing Deloitte's new position. The Company will likely seek the guidance of the Securities and Exchange Commission on this matter.