latest news releases from the newsroom
Discovery Laboratories, Inc.
Surfaxin Receives Positive Opinion From European Medicines Evaluation Agency for Orphan Drug Designation
DOYLESTOWN, Pa., July 1, 2004 (PRIMEZONE) -- Discovery Laboratories, Inc. (Nasdaq:DSCO), today announced that the Committee for Orphan Medicinal Products (COMP) of the European Agency for the Evaluation of Medicinal Products (EMEA) has adopted a positive opinion recommending the granting of orphan medicinal product designation for Surfaxin(r) for the prevention and treatment of Respiratory Distress Syndrome (RDS) in premature infants. In assessing Surfaxin for orphan drug designation, the COMP concluded that although satisfactory methods of prevention and treatment of RDS have been authorized in Europe, justifications have been provided that Surfaxin may be of significant benefit to those at risk of developing or affected by the condition (1).
FindProfit.com Examines the Acquisition of Mariner Health Care
PRINCETON, N.J., July 1, 2004 (PRIMEZONE) -- FindProfit (www.findprofit.com), an investment service that delivered a +67% audited return in 2003, announced today that it has provided to trial and paid subscribers investment coverage of the healthcare industry, including coverage of Mariner Health Care (OTCBB:MHCA) and Sun Healthcare (NASDAQ:SUNH).
Cytomedix, Inc. Expands Scientific Advisory Board
LITTLE ROCK, Ark., July 1, 2004 (PRIMEZONE) -- Cytomedix, Inc. (OTCBB:CYME) today announced the appointment of I. Kelman Cohen, M.D., Lawrence A. Lavery, D.P.M., and Linda G. Phillips, M.D., to its Scientific Advisory Board.
FTS Wireless, Inc.
FTS CEO Acquires 625,000 shares and Clarifies Reuters and Yahoo Finance Reporting Error
LEVITTOWN, Pa., July 1, 2004 (PRIMEZONE) -- FTS Group, Inc. (OTCBB:FLIP) today announced that its Chairman and Chief Executive Officer has agreed to accept 625,000 shares of the company's common stock valued at $.20 a share in lieu of all 2004 cash obligations due for salary and bonuses. The transaction will result in Mr. Gallagher owning 5,989,951 shares of FTS Group, Inc.
China Direct Trading Corp.
China Direct Trading Corp. Second quarter Revenues up 120%.
FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla., July 1, 2004 (PRIMEZONE) -- China Direct Trading Corporation's (OTCBB:CHDT) wholly-owned subsidiary Souvenir Direct Inc., forecasts revenues of $406,000, up 120% from last years second quarter and sales for the first half of the year are up 175%. The company continues to increase sales through re-orders from its distributor's, located in 25 countries, along with new customer sales. The company sold products to a total of 20 new customers in 6 countries. New customers found the company at the Hong Kong trade show in April, search engines, shareholders, and through direct contact after seeing the company's press releases. Income will be released in a few weeks, and is anticipated to be higher than the 472% increase in the first quarter. Souvenir Direct is also expecting a record third quarter as the company has $900,000 in orders in production and the company is booking orders for it's hot new electronic Christmas ornaments, which sell for $10 and $15 dollars a unit. The Christmas item can be seen on the company's homepage at www.chinadirecttradingco.com
Framfab Germany hires 14 employees from Blue Pier
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, July 1, 2004 (PRIMEZONE) -- Framfab have concluded a deal with management and the receiver of Blue Pier GmbH whereby 14 Blue Pier colleagues in Hamburg will become Framfab Germany employees with effect from 1st July 2004.
Framfab Germany hires 14 employees from Blue Pier -- Outcome of Framfab's Rights Issue
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, July 1, 2004 (PRIMEZONE) -- Framfab AB's (publ) new share issue, which has been fully subscribed and provides the company with SEK 164 million prior to transaction costs, was subscribed for by shareholders, with and without preferential rights, to more than 90 per cent. The remaining 10 percent have been allocated those investors that guaranteed part of the share issue.