latest news releases from the newsroom
Ahold transfers controlling interest in Disco to Cencosud
ZAANDAM, The Netherlands, Nov. 1, 2004 (PRIMEZONE) -- Ahold today announced it has partially completed the sale of its 99.94% controlling interest in Disco S.A. to Chilean retailer Cencosud S.A. by transferring the ownership of approximately 85% of the outstanding Disco shares. The remaining approximately 15% of the Disco shares will be transferred to Cencosud as soon as legally possible; currently these shares are subject to certain Uruguayan court orders processed and executed in Argentina, that might possibly prohibit their transfer.
Megola Inc. Announces Execution of $10 Million Standby Equity Distribution Agreement
CORUNNA, Ontario, Nov. 1, 2004 (PRIMEZONE) -- Megola, Inc. (OTCBB:MGOA), a leading solution provider in physical water treatment, microbiological control, wastewater treatment and air purification, announced today that Airam Capital Group, Inc., (www.airamcapital.com) an investment firm serving as advisor to the company, has facilitated a Standby Equity Distribution Agreement for the company. A financing commitment has been signed with Cornell Capital Partners, LP, a private New Jersey based private equity fund, to provide Megola with up to $10 million dollars in financing.
Making Order Out of Chaos -- Author Offers New Theories on What Creates Human Perception
WINNETKA, Ill., Nov. 1, 2004 (PRIMEZONE) -- It seems the world is almost drawn to chaos, especially when wars, famine and poverty destroy the lives of so many on a daily basis. Dan M. Mrejeru has studied the ideas of chaotic phenomena and complex human behavior and turned them into a riveting new book, Multiple Harmonies Create the Patterns of "Real World" from Chaos (now available through AuthorHouse).
Northrop Grumman Corp.
Photo Release -- Northrop Grumman Names New Sector Chief Financial Officer
NEWPORT NEWS, Va., Nov. 1, 2004 (PRIMEZONE) -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) has appointed Barbara A. Niland chief financial officer and vice president of business management for the company's Newport News sector, effective today. In this role, she reports to C. Michael Petters, corporate vice president and president of the Newport News sector, and on a matrixed basis reports to Charles H. Noski, Northrop Grumman corporate vice president and chief financial officer.