latest news releases from the newsroom
Gyros AB Headquarters Double in Size as Market Interest Grows
UPPSALA SCIENCE PARK, Sweden, Jan. 28, 2002 (PRIMEZONE) -- Gyros AB announced the completion of purpose-built laboratories for production, application development and demonstrations. The new wing more than doubles the size of the Company's headquarters in Uppsala Science Park, Sweden
SKF Sells its Share in Hofors Energi to Birka
GOTEBORG, Sweden, Jan. 28, 2002 (PRIMEZONE) -- SKF is to sell its 49% share in Hofors Energi to Birka Energi. The purchase sum amounts to 18.4 million Swedish kronor and the agreement is conditional on a decision by the Hofors local council, which owns the remaining 51% of the company.
BBH Acquires the Voronezh Brewery in Russia
VALBY, Denmark, Jan. 28, 2002 (PRIMEZONE) -- Baltic Beverages Holding AB (BBH), 50/50 owned by Carlsberg Breweries A/S and Oyj Hartwall Abp, has entered into an agreement with the principal shareholders of the Voronezh brewery to acquire 70% of the shares through a directed issue. The brewery has an annual capacity of 730,000 hl beer.
Tasty Fries, Inc.
Tasty Fries Reacquires Royalty Rights
BLUE BELL, Pa., Jan. 28, 2002 (PRIMEZONE) -- Tasty Fries, Inc. (OTCBB:TFRY) and California Food and Vending, Inc. (CFV) announced a definitive agreement today for Tasty Fries(r) to reacquire CFV's royalty rights in terms of the sale of French fry vending machines and the sale of potato product for a total payment of $1,500,000. This agreement with Tasty Fries terminates all CFV's royalty rights.
Vitrolife Receives Market Clearance for New Coronary By-Pass Surgery Kit
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, January 28, 2002 (PRIMEZONE) -- Vitrolife Vascular Preservation Kit(TM), tailor-made for safe and consistent handling of vascular grafts during coronary by-pass surgery, has received CE-mark. Each year, approximately 800 by-pass surgeries are performed per million inhabitants in the industrialized world for the treatment of ischemic heart disease. This translates to about one million procedures annually world-wide.
Superfos Signs Letter of Intent Concerning Acquisition of Jotipac Group
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Jan. 28, 2002 (PRIMEZONE) -- Today Superfos has signed a Letter of Intent with Danish VT Holding to acquire Jotipac Group. The negotiated price amounts to DKK 470m for all shares in the Jotipac Group A/S. The Letter of Intent is subject to a satisfactory due diligence and the approval by the competition authorities.
Neoware Q2 Sales Increase 95% to $6.6 Million
KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa., Jan. 28, 2002 (PRIMEZONE) -- Neoware Systems (Nasdaq:NWRE), the leading supplier of award-winning software, services, and solutions for the Appliance Computing market, today reported significantly higher revenue and profitable operations for its second fiscal quarter ended December 31, 2001.