Reporting period January – September
· Orders received rose by 14.0% to SEK 17,767 M (15,579), and
grew organically by 4.3%
· Net sales increased by 13.3% to SEK 16,433 M (14,500), and
grew organically by 3.2%
· Profit before tax rose by 4.0% to SEK 1,989 M (1,913)
· Net profit increased by 4.0% to SEK 1,472 M (1,416)
· Earnings per share increased by 3.9% to SEK 6.15 (5.92)
· EBITA before restructuring rose by 9.7% to SEK 2,906 M (2,650)
Reporting period July - September
· Orders received rose by 10.8% to SEK 5,742 M (5,184), and grew organically
· EBITA before restructuring rose by 12.4% to SEK 1,033 M (919).
· Acquisition of US-based company TSS provides world-leading position in the
prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers
· Continued favourable earnings outlook for 2012
Third quarter 2012
The trend during the quarter was largely in line with expectations and the
Group’s growth and earnings outlook remains positive.
The Group’s orders received grew organically by 3.6% during the quarter. The
order trend was in line with expectations and must be compared with the year
-earlier period when orders received increased organically by a healthy 7.1%.
For the Group as a whole, orders received improved in North America, while
orders received in Western Europe were weaker. In the increasingly important
markets outside Western Europe and North America, the trend remained highly
favourable. For Medical Systems, orders received rose organically by a solid
8.5%. Infection Control’s orders received performed as planned, rising by 2.3%
compared with a very solid year-earlier period. For Extended Care, which fell
short of expectations, orders received declined by slightly more than 4%,
primarily due to a continued weak trend in North America.
Teleconference with CEO Johan Malmquist and CFO Ulf Grunander
17 October 2012 at 3:00 p.m. Swedish time
Sweden: +46 (0) 8 5876 9446
UK: +44 (0) 20 3106 4822
US: +1 646 254 3366
GETINGE GROUP is a leading global provider of products and systems that
contribute to quality enhancement and cost efficiency within healthcare and life
sciences. We operate under the three brands of ArjoHuntleigh, GETINGE and
MAQUET. ArjoHuntleigh focuses on patient mobility and wound management
solutions. GETINGE provides solutions for infection control within healthcare
and contamination prevention within life sciences. MAQUET specializes in
solutions, therapies and products for surgical interventions, interventional
cardiology and intensive care.
The information is such that Getinge AB must disclose in accordance with the
Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act.
GlobeNewswire, a NASDAQ OMX company, is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.