Third quarter of 2012
• NET SALES amounted to MSEK 20.8 (21.9).
• OPERATING PROFIT totalled MSEK 4.0 (5.5).
• PROFIT AFTER TAX amounted to MSEK 2.9 (4.5).
• PROFIT AFTER TAX PER SHARE was SEK 0.32 (0.49).
• CASH FLOW amounted to MSEK 2.8 (neg: 1.8).
• NET SALES amounted to MSEK 73.4 (69.8).
• OPERATING PROFIT totalled MSEK 14.6 (18.5).
• PROFIT AFTER TAX amounted to MSEK 11.4 (14.5).
• PROFIT AFTER TAX PER SHARE was SEK 1.25 (1.57).
• CASH FLOW amounted to MSEK 9.9 (neg: 14.3).
Significant events during the third quarter:
• GfK Medic Scope reported a 50.5% market share for Probi Mage®and Probi
Frisk®in the Swedish market for probiotic dietary supplements.
• German company Symrise became Probi’s largest shareholder after acquiring
11.8% of the share capital.
“Our total net sales, excluding ProViva, to date this year have increased by
slightly more than 14% despite the prevailing business climate. For the
remainder of the year, we anticipate additional, slightly higher growth in this
area. It is particularly gratifying to note that Probi Mage, slightly more than
two years after its launch, is the product that has the highest sales value
among non-prescription products for gastrointestinal health in the Swedish
pharmacy market. In pace with a decline in the total market in Sweden for juices
and fruit drinks, we have experienced a decrease in ProViva volumes compared
with 2011 and this trend continued during the third quarter. We anticipate that
income from ProViva during the remainder of the year will be at the same level
as in the fourth quarter of 2011,” says Michael Oredsson, CEO of Probi.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Michael Oredsson, CEO of Probi, tel: +46 (0)46-286 89 23 or +46 (0)707-18 89 30,
This is the type of information that Probi AB is obligated to disclose in
accordance with the Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Financial
Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication on 18
October 2012 at 8:45 a.m.
This is a translation of the Swedish version of the interim report. When in
doubt, the Swedish wording prevails.
Probi is a leading player in probiotic research and development of effective and
well-documented probiotics. The research areas are: the gastrointestinal tract,
immune system, metabolic syndrome, as well as stress and recovery. Probi’s
customers are leading companies in the Functional Food and Consumer Healthcare
segments. Total income for 2011 was MSEK 95.0. Probi’s share is listed on Nasdaq
OMX Stockholm, Small Cap. Probi has approximately 5,000 shareholders. Read more
GlobeNewswire, a NASDAQ OMX company, is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.