Highlights of the third quarter of 2012
· Net sales amounted to SEK 27,171m (25,650) and income for the period was SEK
985m (825), or SEK 3.43 (2.90) per share.
· Net sales improved by 5.9%, of which 4.6% was organic growth, 5.1%
acquisitions and –3.8% changes in exchange rates.
· Strong organic growth, particularly in Latin America, North America and Asia
contributed to the positive trend in net sales.
· Operating income improved to SEK 1,461m (1,098), corresponding to a margin
of 5.4% (4.3).
· All business areas with the exception of Europe achieved an operating margin
· Improvements in price, mix and volume in North America and Latin America had
a positive impact on operating income.
· The manufacturing footprint program announced in 2011 will be initiated to
improve the cost position in Europe and charges will be taken in the fourth
quarter of 2012.
A telephone conference is held at 15.00 CET on October 22, 2012. The conference
is chaired by Keith McLoughlin, President and CEO of Electrolux. Mr. McLoughlin
is accompanied by Tomas Eliasson, CFO, and Peter Nyquist, SVP Investor Relations
and Financial Information.
A slide presentation on the third-quarter results of 2012 will be available on
the Electrolux website www.electrolux.com/ir
Details for participation by telephone are as follows:
Participants in Sweden should call +46 (0)8 505 598 53
Participants in UK/Europe should call +44 (0)20 3043 2436
Participants in US should call +1 866 458 4087
You can also listen to the presentation at www.electrolux.com/interim-report
For further information
Peter Nyquist, Senior Vice President, Head of Investor Relations and Financial
Information: +46 (0)8 738 60 03.
Financial information from Electrolux is available at www.electrolux.com/ir
GlobeNewswire, a NASDAQ OMX company, is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.