Lund, Sweden, December 12, 2012 - Active Biotech's (NASDAQ OMX NORDIC: ACTI) partner Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. hosted yesterday, December 11, 2012, an investor meeting. Teva has a license to develop and commercialize Active Biotech's molecule laquinimod.
Laquinimod highlights from the meeting:
· Laquinimod stands to fulfill an unmet treatment need, both as monotherapy and potentially in combination with other treatments.
· The clinical development program of laquinimod is ongoing. Teva continues to actively assess the best options for the next phase of clinical development. Several clinical trials may be initiated as early as 2013:
- A third Phase III clinical trial of laquinimod in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) (CONCERTO).
- Phase III clinical trial of laquinimod in progressive MS.
- Phase II clinical trial of laquinimod in Huntington's disease.
- Phase II clinical trial of laquinimod in combination with COPAXONE for RRMS.
- Clinical trials of laquinimod in combination with other MS treatments.
- Clinical trials of laquinimod for the treatment of additional neurodegenerative diseases.
For further information please see www.tevapharm.com.
Active Biotech AB (publ)
President & CEO
For further information, please contact:
Hans Kolam, CFO
Phone: +46 (0)46 19 20 44
Active Biotech AB (NASDAQ OMX NORDIC: ACTI) is a biotechnology company with focus on autoimmune/inflammatory diseases and cancer. Projects in or entering pivotal phase are laquinimod, an orally administered small molecule with unique immunomodulatory properties for the treatment of multiple sclerosis, TASQ for prostate cancer as well as ANYARA for use in cancer targeted therapy, primarily of renal cell cancer. In addition, laquinimod is in Phase II development for Crohn's and Lupus. An additional project in clinical development is the orally administered compound 57-57 for Systemic Sclerosis. Please visit www.activebiotech.com for more information.
Active Biotech AB (Corp. Reg. No. 556223-9227)
Box 724, SE-220 07 Lund
Tel: +46 46 19 20 00
Fax: +46 46 19 11 00
Active Biotech is obligated to publish the information contained in this press release in accordance with the Swedish Securities Market Act. This information was provided to the media for publication 8:30 a.m. CET on December 12, 2012.