Seinäjoki, Finland, 2013-01-15 14:00 CET (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
Atria Plc Company Announcement 15 January 2013, 3.00 pm
Atria Plc Nomination Committee formed
The following people have been elected to Atria Plc’s Nomination Committee:
- Ari Pirkola, farmer, Chairman of Atria Plc’s Supervisory Board, Vice-chairman of Lihakunta's Board of Directors, representative of Lihakunta
- Henrik Holm, farmer, Chairman of Pohjanmaan Liha Co-operative’s Supervisory Board, representative of Pohjanmaan Liha
- Esa Kaarto, M.Sc. (Agric.), member of the Atria Plc Board of Directors, Chairman of Itikka Co-operative, representative of Itikka Co-operative
- Kim Fors, Portfolio Manager, representative of Veritas Pension Insurance
- as an expert member Seppo Paavola, agrologist, Chairman of the Atria Plc Board of Directors
Esa Kaarto was elected Chairman of the committee.
In compliance with the decision made by the General Meeting on 3 May 2012, shareholders or their representatives who own Series KII shares are selected for the Nomination Committee, as well as the largest holder of Series A shares who does not own Series KII shares, or a representative of such a shareholder. Elections are made in accordance with the situation in early November preceding the next General Meeting. Itikka Co-operative, Lihakunta Co-operative and Pohjanmaan Liha Co-operative are Series KII shareholders. Of the largest Series A shareholders, Mandatum Life Insurance Company and Varma Mutual Pension Insurance Company did not want to appoint representatives to the Nomination Committee.
The Nomination Committee will prepare proposals concerning the election and remuneration of Board members for the next Annual General Meeting.
Nasdaq OMX Helsinki Ltd