OPERATING REVENUE EXCEEDED MSEK 100 WITH CONTINUED HEALTHY PROFITABILITY
| Source:Probi AB
FOURTH QUARTER OF 2012
· TOTAL OPERATING REVENUE amounted to MSEK 26.3 (24.7).
· NET SALES amounted to MSEK 26.2 (24.6).
· OPERATING PROFIT totalled MSEK 2.6 (loss: 0.7).
· PROFIT AFTER TAX amounted to MSEK 2.1 (loss: 0.3).
· PROFIT AFTER TAX PER SHARE was SEK 0.24 (loss: 0.03).
· CASH FLOW amounted to MSEK 1.2 (neg: 0.7).
· TOTAL OPERATING REVENUE amounted to MSEK 100.4 (95.0).
· NET SALES amounted to MSEK 99.6 (94.4).
· OPERATING PROFIT totalled MSEK 17.2 (17.8).
· PROFIT AFTER TAX amounted to MSEK 13.5 (14.2).
· PROFIT AFTER TAX PER SHARE was SEK 1.48 (1.54).
· CASH FLOW amounted to MSEK 11.1 (neg: 13.6).
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS DURING THE FOURTH QUARTER:
· Probi signed a business development agreement with US-based probiotic
specialist Viva 5.
· Probi and German company Symrise signed a research and development agreement
pertaining to innovative probiotic products with documented health benefits.
· The clinical studies conducted by Probi during the year in immune and
gastrointestinal health were completed without achieving the anticipated
· Probi’s environmental management system was certified according to ISO
· The Board of Directors proposes a dividend totalling MSEK 6.8 (6.8),
corresponding to SEK 0.75 (0.75) per share.
“Our total net sales for 2012 amounted to approximately MSEK 100, up 6%.
Excluding ProViva, sales increased by 14% despite the prevailing economic
climate. During the year, we signed a total of six new agreements. I would like
to underscore the importance of the two agreements that were signed in December,
the new venture in oral health with Symrise and the cooperation with Viva 5,
which boosts our ability to grow in the important North American market. Our two
major clinical studies in immune and gastrointestinal health that were completed
in 2012 did not yield the anticipated results. However, our products – Probi
Digestis® and Probi Defendum® – are based on strong data from a large number of
previous clinical studies. Accordingly, they are still competitive on the
international market and are purchased by consumers since their health is
tangibly improved. We are now focusing on evaluating the studies and will launch
new studies in 2013, which will form the basis for EFSA applications,” says
Michael Oredsson, CEO of Probi.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Michael Oredsson, CEO of Probi, tel: +46 (0)46-286 89 23 or +46 (0)707-18 89 30,
This is the type of information that Probi AB is obligated to disclose in
accordance with the Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Financial
Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication on 24
January 2013 at 8:45 a.m.
This is a translation of the Swedish version of the year-end report. When in
doubt, the Swedish wording prevails.
Probi is a leading player in probiotic research and development of effective and
well-documented probiotics. The research areas are: the gastrointestinal tract,
immune system, metabolic syndrome and stress and recovery. Probi’s customers are
leading companies in the Functional Food and Consumer Healthcare segments. Total
income for 2012 was MSEK 100.4. Probi’s share is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm,
Small Cap. Probi has approximately 5,000 shareholders. Read more on
GlobeNewswire, a NASDAQ OMX company, is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.