ARTIMPLANT YEAR-END-REPORT JANUARY – DECEMBER 2012
| Source:Artimplant AB
· Net revenue increased by 15 percentage points and amounted to SEK 21.1
· The net loss after tax totaled SEK 16.5 million (17.9). This represented an
improvement in result of SEK 1.4 million compared to the corresponding period
the previous year.
· Earnings per stock unit amounted to SEK -0.03 (-0.15).
· The aim of achieving a positive cash flow before changes in working capital
on a monthly basis was moved forward to the second half of 2013 due to low sales
growth in the USA. The sales development is still weak and the impact of the
litigations it is uncertain and therefore the Board can at present not determine
when the cash flow will be positive.
· The Board proposes that no dividend be paid for 2012.
· The license agreement with Biomet Sportsmedicine was terminated in April.
· The USA study of Artelon® Tissue Reinforcement for rotator cuff injuries has
been published. The study shows positive results with regard to functioning of
the shoulder and patients’ perceived improved quality of life.
· Net revenue amounted to SEK 5.5 million (4.0) an improvement with 1.5 MSEK.
European sales increased by 247 percentage points and the US sales by 25
percentage points compared to previous period.
· The net loss after tax totaled SEK 6.4 million (6), a decreased by 0.4 MSEK
compared to previous period due to higher legal costs in terms of increased
legal costs caused by the ongoing insurance dispute.
· Earnings per stock unit amounted to SEK -0.01 (-0.05).
· Preliminary positive results presented from a two-year study of Artelon® CMC
Events after the year-end
· Artimplant prolongs its funding agreement regarding costs for trials in USA
and recovers previous legal costs of SEK 5 million.
· Artimplant has requested arbitration in the insurance dispute.
· The Company is in need of a capital injection, the Board has therefore
decided to review its strategic options
For further information, please contact:
Kjell Thörnbring, CEO
Telephone: +46 703 119 025
Further information is available at www.artimplant.com where you can also
subscribe to future press releases; www.artimplant.com/investors-media/subscribe
Artimplant is a biomaterials company focused on solutions to problems in
orthopedics. We restore health through the development, production and marketing
of degradable implants that regenerate body functions and improve quality of
life. Our products, made from Artelon®, meet unmet clinical needs and are
marketed in a growing number of therapy areas. Artimplant produces implants for
treatment of osteoarthritis in hands and feet as well as shoulder and other soft
Artimplant is a public company, listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm in the Small Cap
segment and in the healthcare sector.
This press release contains forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S.
Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Readers are cautioned not to
place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. Actual results may
differ materially from those indicated by these forward-looking statements as a
result of risks and uncertainties impacting on the Company's business, including
increased competition; the ability of the Company to expand its operations and
to attract and retain qualified professionals; technological obsolescence;
general economic conditions; and other risks detailed from time to time in the
This is information that Artimplant will make public pursuant to the Swedish
Financial Instruments Act and the Swedish Securities Exchange and Clearing
Operations Act and/or stock market agreements. Information was made available
for publication on February 27, 2013 at 8:55 am (Swedish time).
GlobeNewswire, a NASDAQ OMX company, is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.