For the April-June period
· Net sales for the quarter amounted to SEK 27.2 million (28.7). Sales were
impacted by a negative currency effect of SEK 1.2 million compared to the same
period last year.
· Operating income (EBIT) for the quarter was SEK 2.6 million (3.1), with
currency effects having a negative impact of SEK 0.5 million on results compared
to the same period last year.
· Operating margin for the quarter was 9 percent (11).
· Earnings after tax for the quarter were SEK 2.5 million (1.7).
· Earnings per share for the quarter, basic and diluted were to SEK 0.02
For the January –June period
· Net sales for the period were SEK 54.0 million (58.6). Sales were impacted
by a negative currency effect of SEK 2.2 million compared to the same period
· Operating income (EBIT) for the period was SEK 4.6 million (6.1) with
currency effects having a negative impact of SEK 1.5 million on results compared
to the same period last year.
· Operating margin for the period was 8 percent (10).
· Earnings after tax for the period were SEK 2.4 million (1.2).
· Earnings per share for the quarter, basic and diluted, were 0.03 (0.01).
Significant events in the second quarter
· Allenex reaches an agreement on the conditions for refinancing all loans.
· Products in HLA-typing approved for sale in Mexico.
· Allenex general manager in the US resigns.
Significant events after the period end
· Allenex receive XM-ONE® approval for sale in Mexico.
Allenex president and CEO Anders Karlsson’s commentary on the first quarter
”Allenex continues to roll out SBT Resolver™ for sequence based typing from our
Australian partner Conexio Genomics, which is a key part of the company’s long
-term growth strategy. It is gratifying that we are now seeing the results of
our efforts and are able to demonstrate a 15 percent rise in sales in the key
U.S. market in the second quarter. We continue to expand sales of typing
products from Olerup SSP geographically and during the quarter our products were
approved for sale in the Mexico. We immediately kicked off sales through our
local distributor in Mexican market. Unfortunately, the strong Swedish krona has
impacted sales negatively compared to the corresponding period last year.”
For more information please contact:
Anders Karlsson, CEO Allenex AB, ph: +4670-918 00 10, e-mail:
Yvonne Axelsson, CFO, tel: +46 (8) 508 939 72 or email:
Allenex AB discloses the information provided herein pursuant to the Securities
Markets Act and /or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was
submitted for publication on August 29, 2013, at 14:00 CET. Allenex is a life
science-company that develops, manufacture, market and sell products for safer
transplants of organs and bone marrow on the global market. Allenex is listed on
NASDAQ OMX Stockholm Small Cap (ticker: ALNX). 54 persons are employed in the
GlobeNewswire, a NASDAQ OMX company, is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.