Highlights during the third quarter
· Net asset value amounted to SEK 200.9 bn. (SEK 264 per share) on September
30, 2013, an increase by SEK 18.2 bn., (SEK 24 per share) during the quarter.
· The refinancing of Mölnlycke Health Care was completed. Investor increased
its equity in the company by EUR 544 m., of which EUR 225 m. related to our
portion of the company’s mezzanine debt. Mölnlycke Health Care now has an all
senior debt structure, and leverage corresponds to 2.4x 12-month rolling EBITDA.
· Following approval by competition authorities, Investor’s divestiture of its
holding in Gambro was completed. Total proceeds to Investor amount to SEK 10.2
bn., of which SEK 1.6 bn. from EQT. Of the total proceeds of SEK 10.2 bn., SEK
1.2 bn. will remain in escrow for 15 months from the closing date.
· Additional shares in ABB were acquired for SEK 0.7 bn.
· Net asset value amounted to SEK 200,860 m. (SEK 264 per share) on September
30, 2013, compared to SEK 174,698 m. (SEK 230 per share) at year-end 2012,
corresponding to a change, with dividend added back, of 18 percent during the
nine month period (8). The Stockholm Stock Exchange’s Total Return Index (SIXRX)
was 20 percent during the same period (12). Over the past 20 years, annual net
asset value growth, with dividend added back, has been 14 percent.
· Consolidated net profit for the period, which includes unrealized change in
value, was SEK 30,989 m. (SEK 40.77 per share), compared to SEK 13,339 m. (SEK
17.60 per share) for the same period 2012.
· Core Investments contributed SEK 25,942 m. to net asset value for the period
(11,993), of which the listed SEK 25,114 m. (13,289).
· Financial Investments contributed SEK 6,442 m. to net asset value for the
· Leverage (net debt/total assets) was 9.8 percent as of September 30, 2013
· The total return on the Investor share was 19 percent during the period
(18), of which 8 percent during the third quarter (10). The total annual return
on the Investor share averaged 13 percent over the past 5-year period, 15
percent over the past 10-year period, and 14 percent over the past 20-year
For further information:
Stefan Stern, Head of Corporate Relations and Communications, Phone 46 8 614
2058, 46 70 636 7417
Magnus Dalhammar, Head of Investor Relations, Phone 46 8 614 2130, 46 73 524
Our press releases can be accessed at www.investorab.com
Investor is the leading owner of high quality Nordic-based international
companies, founded by the Wallenberg family a hundred years ago. Through board
participation, our industrial experience, network and financial strength, we
strive to make our companies best-in-class. Our holdings include Atlas Copco,
SEB, ABB, Ericsson and Mölnlycke Health Care.
GlobeNewswire, a NASDAQ OMX company, is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.