Third quarter summary
- Axfood’s consolidated sales for the period July–September totalled SEK 9,465 m
(9,044), an increase of 4.7%.
- Retails sales for Group-owned stores increased by 4.5% during the period.
- Like-for-like sales increased by 2.3% during the period.
- Operating profit for the period was SEK 382 m (370).
- Profit after financial items was SEK 376 m for the period (361).
- Profit after tax totalled SEK 294 m (266) for the period, and earnings per
share were SEK 5.58 (5.08).
- Axfood Närlivs planning for the relocation of its operations from Tyringe.
- Axfood’s estimation is that operating profit for 2013 will be at least at the
same level as in 2012.
Axfood AB conducts food retail and wholesale business in Sweden. Retail business
is conducted through the wholly owned store chains Willys, Hemköp and PrisXtra,
comprising 254 stores in all. In addition, Axfood collaborates with a number of
proprietor-run stores that are tied to Axfood through agreements. These include
stores within the Hemköp and Willys chains as well as stores run under the
Handlar’n and Tempo profiles. In all, Axfood collaborates with approximately 820
proprietor-run stores. Wholesaling is conducted through Dagab and Axfood
Närlivs. Axfood is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm AB's Large Cap list. Axel
Johnson AB is the principal owner, with 50,1% of the shares.
GlobeNewswire, a NASDAQ OMX company, is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.