New products and market on the Commodities market
NASDAQ OMX will extend the product suite of Swedish and Norwegian Electricity Certificates from December 2, 2013.
Swedish and Norwegian Electricity Certificate day future contracts in SEK and EUR will be listed for trading and clearing. At any given time, up to five (5) contracts will be listed for each currency. The day future contracts will be listed on a daily rolling basis, meaning that the first trading day will always be four trading days in advance of the contract Expiration Day. Furthermore, 5 yearly Deferred Settlement Futures contracts in SEK with March expiry will be listed for trading and clearing.
· The new SEK Electricity Certificates will be on a new market called “Swedish Electricity Certificates”
· The EUR Electricity Certificates will be on a new market called “Euro Electricity Certificates”
Existing Electricity Certificates will until further notice stay on the Carbon Market
The launch dates and procedure as the following
Dec 2nd 2013
· Add Swedish Electricity Certificates SEK DS Futures (5 contracts) and SEK Day-futures (5 contracts).
· Add Euro Electricity Certificates with the El-Cert EUR Day-futures (5 contracts).
Dec 16nd 2013
· Move the existing El-Cert EUR DS futures (5 contracts) from the Carbon/EUA Market to the new Euro Electricity Certificates Market.
This configuration is available and can be tested in the External Test System 4
EXT4 is available for test every workday from 08.00 to 15.00 CET until go live. Maintenance window is between 06.00-1200 CET each Wednesday.
The member area http://www.nasdaqomx.com/transactions/technicalinformation/geniuminet contains the newest project related documentation and updates regarding Genium INET protocol specifications, member applications, enhancements, project updates, testing and certification necessary for successful member, broker, and Independent Software Vendor (ISV) integration.
For further information, please contact NASDAQ OMX Commodities:
Kestan Hasan, +46 405 6621
NASDAQ OMX Commodities
NASDAQ OMX Commodities Logo