· Orders received amounted to MSEK 3,241.7 (3,121.7). After adjustments for
acquired operations and currency effects, orders received increased by 5 %
compared with the previous year
· Net sales totalled MSEK 3,095.2 (3,085.1). After adjustments for acquired
operations and currency effects, sales increased by 2 %
· Operating profit was MSEK 277.5 (251.5). The operating margin was 9.0 (8.2)
· Profit after tax amounted to MSEK 182.6 (159.1)
· Earnings per share was SEK 14.48 (12.61)
· The Finnish company, I-Valo Oy, which was acquired in June, has been
included in the consolidated results as of the third quarter 2013
· Fagerhult has signed an agreement to acquire Arlight in Turkey. This
acquisition has recently been completed following the approval of the
· A dividend of SEK 7.25 (6.50) per share and a 3 for 1 stock split are
Comments by CEO Johan Hjertonsson:
· Orders received were strong during the fourth quarter and, after adjustments
for acquired operations and currency effects, orders received increased by 16 %,
compared with the fourth quarter 2012
· Net sales increased by 5 % in the fourth quarter compared with the previous
year, after adjustments for acquired operations and currency effects. This was
due to increases in market shares, in combination with a somewhat improved
Retail Lighting market in, among other markets, Germany and France.
· Measures to improve the gross margin and reduce fixed expenses have
contributed positively to total profits.
· Operating profit improved to MSEK 83.8 (58.1) during the fourth quarter,
corresponding to an operating margin of 9.8 (7.5) %.
· We have seen a gradual improvement in the market during the fourth quarter,
which we deem will continue during 2014.
· The proportion of LED lighting sales continues to rise and exceeded 30 % of
total net sales in the fourth quarter.
· The acquisition of Arlight in Turkey will strengthen our position in Europe
and will provide a gateway to the Turkish market.
Disclosures may be submitted by
Johan Hjertonsson CEO tel: 46 36 10 87 06 mobile: 46 70 229 77 93 e-mail:
Håkan Gabrielsson CFO tel: 46 8 52 23 59 48 mobile: 46 70 84 40 918 e-mail:
Fagerhult is one of Europe’s leading lighting groups with approximately 2,200
employees and operations in 20 countries. We create modern products and
exciting, energy-efficient and environmentally-adapted lighting installations,
successfully integrated into their individual environments. The Group includes
such strong brands as Fagerhult, Ateljé Lyktan, LTS, Whitecroft Lighting,
Designplan Lighting, I-Valo and Arlight. AB Fagerhult is listed on the Nasdaq
OMX Nordic Exchange in Stockholm.
GlobeNewswire, a Nasdaq company, is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
2321 Rosecrans Avenue.
El Segundo, CA 90245 Phone: (800) 307-6627 Fax: (800) 307-3567
25 Basinghall Street,
London EC2V 5HA
UK Phone: +1 866-465-8454