SAN MATEO, Calif., Feb. 27, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Convirture is doing a series of seven webinars on best practices for managing virtualization and cloud infrastructure that will take place every two weeks and extend through May. The free webinars address some of the most common and challenging use cases facing data center operators today.
The first webinar is scheduled Thursday, March 6 and addresses the issue of bill shock experienced by some enterprises that are discovering multiple Amazon Web Services (AWS) accounts, or multiple users sharing a single AWS account, or some combination of both.
"We've heard over and over that they don't know who is using what services, how much is being used, and what its costing the organization as a whole," said Arsalan Farooq, CEO of Convirture. "In many cases, business units - and not the information technology (IT) department - signed up to use Amazon computing resources."
The first webinar in the series, on March 6, 2014, will address
Quota and User Management for AWS. Items that will be covered
• Central management of all AWS accounts
• Controlling user access
• Defining and enforcing quota limits to manage costs and usage
• Giving business customers self-service access to AWS resources
Future webinars include:
· March 20, 2014 - Self Service Management for Hyper-V in 30 Minutes
· April 3, 2014 - Self Service Management for VMware in 30 Minutes
· April 17, 2014 - High Availability and Automation for KVM and Xen
· May 1, 2014 - Backup and Restore for KVM and Xen
· May 15, 2014 - Unified Management Across Hypervisors
· May 29, 2014 - VM Lifecycle Management Across Hypervisors
Convirture was founded in 2007 to help organizations effectively manage open source and proprietary virtualization and cloud platforms.
# # #
Bill Baker, Baker Communications Group, LLC