Cautious start to the year – Vectura contributes to strong growth
JANUARY – MARCH 2014
· Net sales: SEK 2,321.7 million (1,917.6)
· Operating profit: SEK 211.6 million (134.0); operating margin: 9.1 per cent
· EBITA: SEK 225.4 million (144.1); EBITA margin: 9.7 per cent (7.5)
· Integration costs for Vectura: SEK 8.5 million
· Profit after tax: 143.9 million (102.2); earnings per share: SEK 1.57 SEK
· Net debt: SEK 1,218.6 million (378.7)
Comments from President and CEO Tomas Carlsson:
– Sales were up 21 per cent to SEK 2,321.7 million (1,917.6), due primarily to
the acquisition of Vectura. Operating profit totalled SEK 211.6 million (134.0).
The profit improvement was driven primarily by more available work hours, the
contribution from Vectura and greater order volumes in Finland.
– Vectura and Sweco Sweden now work fully integrated in a new joint organisation
under the Sweco brand. Synergies and integration costs are developing according
– The market in general is characterised by a cautious start to the year. The
markets in Sweden and Finland are unchanged, while the market in Norway is
weakening. The market in Central Europe remains weak.
For additional information please contact:
Tomas Carlsson, President & CEO, telephone +46 8 695 66 60,
Jonas Dahlberg, CFO, telephone +46 8 695 63 32, email@example.com
Åsa Barsness, Communications Director at Sweco, +46 8-695 66 40 (http://#),
Sweco is the Nordic region’s leading consultancy for sustainable urban
development. Our 9,000 engineers, architects and environmental experts develop
value-creating solutions for our clients and for society. Sweco is among the ten
largest consulting engineering companies in Europe and annually conducts
projects in 80 countries throughout the world. The company has yearly sales of
approximately SEK 9 billion and is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm AB.
Sweco is required to disclose the above information under the provisions of the
Securities Market Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The
information was submitted for publication on 7 May 2014 at 07:20 CET.
GlobeNewswire, a NASDAQ OMX company, is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.