January-March 2014 compared to January-March 2013
- Order bookings in Construction amounted to SEK 32.5 billion (24.3); adjusted
for currency effects, order bookings increased by 33 percent.
- The order backlog amounted to SEK 145.7 billion (Dec. 31, 2013: 139.6);
adjusted for currency effects, the orderbacklog increased by 3 percent.
- Operating income increased by 26 percent and amounted to SEK 656 M (519);
adjusted for currency effects, operating income increased by 23 percent.
- Operating margin in Construction was 2.0 percent (1.9).
- Revenue decreased by 1 percent; adjusted for currency effects, revenue was
unchanged and amounted to SEK 27.9 billion (28.2).
- Sales of commercial properties amounted to SEK 929 M (157).
- Investments in development operations totaled SEK –3.1 billion (–2.5).
- Total net investments amounted to SEK –0.4 billion (1.7).
- Cash flow from operations amounted to SEK –3.3 billion (0.1).
- Operating net financial assets totaled SEK 3.3 billion (Dec. 31, 2013: 6.7).
- Earnings per share (EPS) increased by 32 percent to SEK 1.08 (0.82).
This report will also be presented via a telephone conference and webcast at
10:00 a.m. (10:00 CET) on May 9. The telephone conference will be audiocasted
live at www.skanska.com/investors, where a recording of the conference will also
be available later. To participate in the telephone conference, please dial +46
8 505 564 74, +44 2033 645 374, or +1 855 753 2230. This and previous releases
can also be found at www.skanska.com/investors.
For further information, please contact:
Peter Wallin, Executive Vice President and CFO, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8900
Magnus Persson, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations, Skanska AB, tel +46
10 448 6429
Katarina Grönwall, Senior Vice President, Communications, Skanska AB, tel +46 10
Edvard Lind, Group Press Officer, Skanska AB, tel +46 10 448 8808
Skanska AB may be required to disclose the information provided herein pursuant
to the Securities Market Act.
Today, Skanska is one of the world’s leading project development and
construction groups with expertise in construction, development of commercial
and residential premises, and public-private partnership projects. Based on its
global green experience, Skanska aims to be the client’s first choice for green
solutions. The group currently has 57,000 employees in selected home markets in
Europe, the US and Latin America. Skanska's sales in 2013 totalled SEK 136
GlobeNewswire, a NASDAQ OMX company, is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.