Invitation to Scania’s Annual General Meeting (AGM)
ET | Source:SCANIA AB
The shareholders of Scania AB (publ) are hereby invited to the Annual General
Meeting (AGM) at 14:00 CET (2:00 p.m.) on Wednesday, 11 June 2014 at Marcus
Wallenberg Hall, Scania, Södertälje, Sweden.
Shareholders who wish to participate in the AGM must
first be recorded in the shareholders’ list maintained by Euroclear Sweden AB as
of Wednesday, 4 June 2014.
second notify Scania AB (publ) no later than 16:00 CET (4:00 p.m.) on
Wednesday, 4 June 2014 by post to Scania AGM, Box 7832, SE-103 98 Stockholm,
Sweden, or by telephone at +46 8 402 90 55 or via Scania’s website
www.scania.com that they intend to participate in the AGM. This notification
must state the shareholder’s name, personal or corporate identity number,
address and telephone number as well as the number of any accompanying
assistants, but no more than two.
The invitation of the AGM is attached to this press release in its entirety. As
of Wednesday, 14 May 2014 the notification is accessible on Scania’s website
www.scania.com and advertised in the Swedish official gazette Post- och Inrikes
Tidningar. The fact that notification has been issued is announced in the
Swedish newspapers Dagens Nyheter and Svenska Dagbladet on Wednesday, 14 May
Proposed items of business
1. Opening of the AGM.
2. Election of a Chairman of the AGM.
3. Establishment and approval of the voting list.
4. Approval of the agenda.
5. Election of two persons to verify the minutes.
6. Consideration of whether the AGM has been duly convened.
7. Presentation of the annual accounts and auditors’ report, and the
consolidated annual accounts and auditors’ report.
8. Addresses by the Chairman of the Board and by the President and CEO.
9. Questions from the shareholders.
10. Adoption of the income statement and balance sheet and the consolidated
income statement and balance sheet.
11. Resolution concerning distribution of the profit accorded to the adopted
balance sheet and resolution concerning the record date for the dividend.
12. Resolution concerning discharge of the members of the Board and the
President and CEO from liability for the financial year.
13. Resolution concerning guidelines for salary and other remuneration of the
President and CEO as well as other executive officers.
14. Resolution concerning the 2014 incentive programme.
15. Election of the Board of Directors and auditors etc.:
a) Determination of the number of Board members and deputy Board members to
be elected by the AGM.
b) Determination of remuneration for Board members.
c) Election of the Chairman of the Board, the Vice Chairman, other Board
members and deputy Board members.
d) Determination of remuneration for the auditors.
16. Resolution concerning a Nomination Committee.
17. Resolution concerning special examination.
18. Closing of the AGM.
For more information, please contact Erik Ljungberg, Senior Vice President,
Corporate Relations, tel. +46 73 988 35 57.
Scania is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks and buses for heavy
transport applications, and of industrial and marine engines. Service-related
products account for a growing proportion of the company’s operations, assuring
Scania customers of cost-effective transport solutions and maximum uptime Scania
also offers financial services. Employing some 41,000 people, the company
operates in about 100 countries. Research and development activities are
concentrated in Sweden, while production takes place in Europe and South
America, with facilities for global interchange of both components and complete
vehicles. In 2013, net sales totalled SEK 86.8 billion and net income amounted
to SEK 6.2 billion. Scania press releases are available on
GlobeNewswire, a Nasdaq company, is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
2321 Rosecrans Avenue.
El Segundo, CA 90245 Phone: (800) 307-6627 Fax: (800) 307-3567
25 Basinghall Street,
London EC2V 5HA
UK Phone: +1 866-465-8454