JANUARY 1 – MARCH 31, 2014
• The Group’s net sales increased by 9 percent to SEK 142.8 million (130.8).
Excluding currency effects, sales rose by 8 percent.
• The gross profit margin was 52.8 percent (50.1).
• Operating profit amounted to SEK 19.0 million (9.2).
• Profit after tax amounted to SEK 15.6 million (6.0).
• Earnings per share before and after dilution amounted to SEK 0.62 (0.30).
• Brand sales* (excluding VAT) decreased by 12 percent to SEK 382 million (432).
Excluding currency effects, the decrease was 14 percent.
• During the quarter it was announced that Henrik Bunge has been appointed the
new CEO of Björn Borg. Henrik Bunge will assume the position on August 1, 2014.
QUOTE FROM THE CEO
“This year’s first quarter was mixed. We saw increases in revenue, gross profit
margin and operating margin, mainly because of shipment delays from the previous
quarter until the first quarter of 2014. Better profitability in the Swedish
wholesaling operations and a strong performance by our operations in England and
Finland contributed positively at the same time that sales of our spring and
summer collections decreased compared with the previous year,” said Henrik
Fischer, Acting CEO.
For further information, please contact:
Henrik Fischer, Acting CEO, telephone +46 8 506 33 700
Magnus Teeling, CFO, telephone +46 8 506 33 700
GlobeNewswire, a Nasdaq company, is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
2321 Rosecrans Avenue.
El Segundo, CA 90245 Phone: (800) 307-6627 Fax: (800) 307-3567
25 Basinghall Street,
London EC2V 5HA
UK Phone: +1 866-465-8454