San Francisco, CA, Aug. 5, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Starting today, iOS users can now take the selfie craze to another level with Cymera, which now offers a new social collaboration tool that enables multiple people to edit and have fun with selfies and 'groupies.' Cymera, a popular free digital photo app for selfies and portrait editing that recently reached 100 million downloads worldwide, has unveiled first-of-its-kind social editing for portraits and private album sharing, allowing friends to interact in a unique and fun photo playground. Additionally, Cymera offers hundreds of beautification and retouching tools as well as fun decorations, and ambiance options. The latest version of Cymera is available now in the iTunes store, in addition to Google Play.
With an estimated 230 million photos using Cymera app every month it can be hard to stand out from the crowd. However, Cymera now delivers a new way to personalize images through unique group editing and sharing features that allow multiple people to collaborate and have fun altering the same image, before easily posting to popular social sites. The latest version of Cymera includes an array of new features ranging from beautifying effects to retouching options, including the new Face Pop feature that enables users to blow up heads and add thought bubbles for a comic book-like feel.
Users also have the ability to slim their face, widen their eyes and smile, and eliminate spots and blemishes. There are hundreds of special effects to choose from, including more than 800 decorative choices and 100 ambiance options.
The latest version of Cymera for iOS and Android has a ton of additional features for capturing, sharing, beautifying and retouching selfies, or for creating memorable Internet memes (Android only), in just a few clicks:
● Powerful Camera: To start, choose between seven DSLR-inspired camera lenses. Plus, select from shot options like Focus, Anti-Shake, Timer, Self-Portrait and Touch Shot.
● Private Sharing: Create and share photos with friends through private albums so users can collaborate and edit photos together
● Retouch: Enhance selfies with retouching tools, including the new Face Pop feature for blowing up heads
● Beautifying Effects: Face detection technology allows Cymera to locate every facial feature and apply relevant effects such as Big Eyes, Slim Face, Smile, Brightening and Clear Spots. Plus, select from more than 70 hair and makeup items to completely transform images
● Decorations: Choose from more than 800 decorations, including stickers, frames, speech bubbles and stamps or a variety of paint brush items, as well as text functions with numerous fonts and styles
● Storytelling Collage: When one pic isn't enough, craft cool photo stories with custom or freestyle collage layouts
● Filters: Use the effects of approximately 100 filters, lights, and borders to change the ambience of photos and bring them to life. Adjust the intensity so it looks more natural than ever
● Oldies, But Goodies: Edit using all the old standards, such as cropping, rotation, contrast, and saturation
● Public Sharing: Easy uploading to Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr
Developed by SK communications, Cymera initially launched in March 2012. It's an innovative camera and editing app with automatic beautifying effects, facial mapping technology, filters, collages, and more. With more than 100 million downloads of the app worldwide, Cymera now offers social features called "social editing" that allows users to share pictures with friends via private albums, and to communicate and jointly edit pictures with fun 'retouch' features. For more information, check out Cymera's website, YouTube page, and Facebook page.
Susie Hayne, Lyman PR
Seoul, KOREA, REPUBLIC OF
Susie Hayne, Lyman PR