APRIL-JUNE 2014 QUARTER
· Rental income amounted to MSEK 386 (399)
· Profit from property management amounted to MSEK 333 (113), corresponding to
SEK 5.1 per share (4.5)
· Profit after tax amounted to MSEK 333 (152), corresponding to SEK 5.1 per
· Cash flow from operating activities amounted to MSEK 67 (26), corresponding
to SEK 1.0 per share (1.0)
INTERIM PERIOD JANUARY - JUNE 2014
· Rental income amounted to MSEK 781 (789)
· Profit from property management amounted to MSEK 399 (172), corresponding to
SEK 8.0 per share (6.9)
· Profit after tax amounted to MSEK 345 (72), corresponding to SEK 7.0 per
· Recognized property value totaling SEK 17.3 billion (16.0) includes 195
(201) directly owned properties.
· The net asset value (EPRA NAV) per share amounted to SEK 110.2 (110.4).
· Cash flow from operating activities amounted to MSEK 134 (78), corresponding
to SEK 2.7 per share (3.1)
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS DURING AND AFTER THE PERIOD
· The over-allotment option described in the listing prospectus was fully
exercised, which further increased equity by a total of MSEK 395. In the
ownership distribution, Hemfosa received a total of MSEK 809 after issue costs
· On April 30, 2014, Hemfosa issued bond loans totaling MSEK 1,200, which were
listed on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm on June 12, 2014
· Two properties in Kristianstad were acquired and two were divested in
Partille and Gothenburg as part of a combination transaction totaling MSEK 180
· Public and office properties in Sundsvall, with tenants including Mid Sweden
University and Nordea, were acquired at a total value of MSEK 664
· The total derivative portfolio was restructured, which resulted in MSEK -55
in realized changes in value. At the same time, the average interest rate fell
from 4.28 percent to 3.28 percent
· After the end of the period, Hemfosa’s joint venture, Söderport Fastigheter,
divested a housing project in Stockholm for MSEK 355
Comments from the CEO
Well-prepared for growth
Hemfosa reports stable profit from property management for the second quarter
and improved earnings capacity. Moreover, we have made some interesting
transactions and taken several steps to expand the conditions for growth. I am
satisfied with these results, despite relatively few transactions.
During the quarter we secured financing for the company – the ownership
distribution in the spring provided the company with a total of MSEK 809 – and
issued bond loans amounting to MSEK 1,200. This provides us with an even more
favorable financial situation and a solid basis for the continued expansion of
We carried out a number of transactions, one of which I would particularly like
to highlight is the acquisition of public properties in Sundsvall in June with
an underlying property value of MSEK 582 and with Mid Sweden University as the
largest tenant. This is an acquisition entirely in line with Hemfosa’s strategic
ambition of focusing on public properties.
We also continue to strengthen our own organization in order to maintain a high
level of quality in working with our existing properties and to conduct new
transactions. A new regional manager in Stockholm was employed in the summer.
Although we have long experience from the property market, Hemfosa remains
unknown to many people, having been a listed company for only one quarter. We
have several thousand shareholders and intend to safeguard our relationship with
them. My colleagues and I will meet as many large and small shareholders as we
can to talk about Hemfosa’s operations, challenges and opportunities.
In addition to developing our existing property portfolio, Hemfosa’s primary
focus is directed to identifying and implementing interesting, and ideally
complex, property transactions. The challenge going forward is, as I see it, the
increased competition for objects. However, we believe that this is a situation
in which Hemfosa’s strengths will be particularly valid. With our expertise,
experience and power of implementation, in combination with our access to
capital and a broad network, we are well-prepared to be more active in tackling
the market with greater force. I foresee an exciting autumn to come for Hemfosa.
Jens Engwall, CEO
Hemfosa publishes the information in this interim report in accordance with the
Securities Market Act on August 20, 2014 at 8.30 am.
Hemfosa Properties AB
Tel: +46 8 448 04 80
Street address: Hästholmsvägen 28
Postal address: Box 2020, 131 02 Nacka
Jens Engwall, CEO
Tel: +46 8 448 04 82, e-mail: email@example.com
Karin Osslind, CFO
Tel: +46 8 448 04 84, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
GlobeNewswire, a Nasdaq company, is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
2321 Rosecrans Avenue.
El Segundo, CA 90245 Phone: (800) 307-6627 Fax: (800) 307-3567
25 Basinghall Street,
London EC2V 5HA
UK Phone: +1 866-465-8454