Interim Report New Wave Group AB (publ) - JANUARY–JUNE 2014
ET | Source:New Wave Group AB
PERIOD 1 APRIL – 30 JUNE 2014
· Sales amounted to SEK 983 million, which was slightly lower than last year
(SEK 995 million).
· Acquired business contributed by SEK 5 million in turnover and SEK -1.3
million in result for the period.
· Operating profit amounted to SEK 48.0 (70.2) million.
· Result for the period amounted to SEK 29.4 (38.9) million.
· Earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.44 (0.60).
· Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK -27.7 (41.8) million.
PERIOD 1 JANUARY – 30 JUNE 2014
· Sales amounted to SEK 1,892 million, which was slightly higher than last
year (SEK 1,873 million).
· Acquired business contributed by SEK 14 million in turnover and SEK -1.2
million in result for the period.
· Operating profit amounted to SEK 42.1 (86.3) million.
· Result for the period amounted to SEK 18.1 (39.0) million.
· Earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.27 (0.60).
· Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK 61.1 (147.9) million.
· Equity ratio improved by 3.2 percentage points and amounted to 49.2 (46.0)
· Net debt decreased by 10.4 percentage points and amounted to 62.9 (73.3) %.
The second quarter was a disappointment. Even if I believed in a weak quarter, I
had still expected a profit of SEK 20 million better. I believe, however, that
third and fourth quarter will show better performance. However, there is
uncertainty in this (see below under Future & risk).
SALES & MARKETING
Sales were hampered to some extent, and for the last time, of some stock
shortages. It was otherwise largely as expected, except that the United States
was below our expectations. The silver lining is that the promo sales channel is
beginning to improve, the disappointment was above all retail and USA. We have
made the necessary investments to create growth for the next quarters and we
believe we will achieve it.
The result is clearly a disappointment, as we have increased the cost of sales
and marketing, we should have achieved higher sales and a better result. Even
the gross profit margin was lower than planned.
CASH FLOW AND BALANCE SHEET
We continue to have a very strong balance sheet and are well positioned for
growth - but we have to increase inventories in several of our companies and
FUTURE & RISK
I see a bright future in the coming quarters and years. We have already done
much to position ourselves for growth and good results. In the short term the
risk is that it may take longer than expected before all measures produce
results. So even if I see positive for the coming quarters, there is a risk that
there may be another disappointment before the current development turns. But
the actions we do in terms of expansion of the sales force, increased marketing,
new product launches and inventory build-up, we have to do in order to become
long-term strong and grow again - even if the price is that we continue to
worsen the result somewhat over one or more quarters.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
CEO Torsten Jansson
Phone: 031–712 89 01
CFO Lars Jönsson
Phone: 031–712 89 12
The information in this report is that which New Wave Group is required to
disclose under the Securities Market Act and/or the Financial Trading Act. The
information was released for publication at 7 am (CET) on 21 August 2014.
GlobeNewswire, a Nasdaq company, is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.