RaySearch Laboratories AB (publ) Interim Report January 1 – June 30, 2014
ET | Source:RaySearch Laboratories AB
JANUARY 1 – JUNE 30, 2014
· Net sales for the period amounted to SEK 105.8 M (75.4)
· Profit after tax was SEK 5.9 M (loss: 10.8) and earnings per share were SEK
0.17 (loss: 0.32)
· Operating profit amounted to SEK 8.4 M (loss: 11.1)
· Cash flow was a negative SEK 11.3 M (neg: 19.3)
· License order intake amounted to SEK 101.6 M (62.7)
· Of the license order intake, the contribution from RayStation® was SEK 59.1
· RayStation® order backlog amounted to SEK 66.5 M, of which SEK 45.4 M is
expected to be converted into revenues in 2014
· First order for RayStation® from the UK
· Distribution agreements signed for Australia and New Zealand
· Settlement agreement signed regarding patent dispute with Prowess
· Sales and service company established in Germany
· First proton therapy treatments with RayStation®
“We made many more installations of RayStation® during the first half of the
year than in the year-earlier period, which led to high revenue growth from
RayStation®. Overall, revenues rose 40 percent to SEK 106 M during the six-month
period, leading to a sharp increase in operating profit to SEK 8.4 M,” says
Johan Löf, CEO of RaySearch.
“The year has started well and we tripled the order intake for RayStation®
during the first half of the year compared with the same period in the previous
year. This means that RaySearch has entered a new era so I am looking forward to
the rest of 2014 with great confidence,” Johan Löf concludes.
RaySearch Laboratories is a medical technology company that develops advanced
software solutions for improved radiation therapy of cancer. RaySearch markets
the RayStation® treatment planning system to clinics all over the world. In
addition, RaySearch’s products are distributed through licensing agreements with
leading partners such as Philips, Nucletron, IBA, Varian and Brainlab. To date,
15 products have been launched via partners and RaySearch’s software is used by
over 2,500 clinics in more than 65 countries. RaySearch was founded in 2000 as a
spin-off from Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm and the company is listed in
the Small Cap segment on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm.
More information about RaySearch is available at www.raysearchlabs.com.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Johan Löf, President
Tel: +46 (0)8-545 061 30
GlobeNewswire, a Nasdaq company, is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment community, individual investors and the general public.
2321 Rosecrans Avenue.
El Segundo, CA 90245 Phone: (800) 307-6627 Fax: (800) 307-3567
25 Basinghall Street,
London EC2V 5HA
UK Phone: +1 866-465-8454