NEW YORK, March 15, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- American Independence Corp. (NASDAQ:AMIC) today filed for an extension to file its annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2015.  The reasons for the extension can be found in the Form 12b-25 filed by the Company with the Securities Exchange Commission, and can be viewed by going to or the Company’s website at

About American Independence Corp.

American Independence Corp. is a holding company principally engaged in health insurance and reinsurance.  It provides specialized health coverage and related services to commercial customers and individuals.  Through Independence American Insurance Company and its other subsidiaries, it offers medical stop-loss, non-subscriber occupational accident, pet insurance, short-term medical, vision, dental and various supplemental products, which are marketed through its subsidiaries IHC Specialty Benefits, Inc. (including through and, IPA Direct, LLC and IPA Family, LLC.  AMIC markets medical stop-loss through its marketing and administrative company IHC Risk Solutions, LLC.

Forward-Looking Statements

Certain statements and information contained in this release may be considered “forward-looking statements,” such as statements relating to management's views with respect to future events and financial performance.  Such forward-looking statements are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from historical experience or from future results expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements.  Potential risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, economic conditions in the markets in which AMIC operates, new federal or state governmental regulation, AMIC’s ability to effectively operate, integrate and leverage any past or future strategic acquisition, and other factors which can be found in AMIC’s other news releases and filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.  AMIC expressly disclaims any duty to update its forward-looking statements unless required by applicable law.

(646) 509-2107