Concurrent Technologies Corporation Named One of the "Best Places to Work in PA" for Twelve Straight Years

75% of Total Evaluation Determined by Employee Surveys


JOHNSTOWN, Pa., Oct. 11, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Concurrent Technologies Corporation (CTC) continues to be one of the "Best Places to Work in PA" in 2012. CTC has made the list every year since 2001, when nonprofit organizations became eligible for the honor. The Best Places to Work in PA project is a statewide program managed by Best Companies Group.  CTC is one of only three companies to make the list for 12 consecutive years.

"We are honored to once again be recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in PA," said Edward J. Sheehan, Jr., CTC President & Chief Executive Officer.  "CTC strives to create a positive and rewarding work environment. Our bottom line is helping every client achieve its mission and providing our employees with unique and challenging professional opportunities."

100 winners comprise the Best Places to Work in PA list, divided between two types of organizations:  medium-sized firms with 25–250 employees and large-sized companies with 251 employees or more.  CTC is in the large-sized category.  At the program's start, 50 medium-sized companies and 50 large-sized companies were recognized.  Over time, the number of medium-sized firms has increased and the number of large companies has decreased, while the overall number stays at 100.  In 2012, only 29 large businesses were honored while 71 medium-sized firms made the list.  "The fact that CTC continues to make the list is really great news when you consider the significant reduction in the number of companies in the large-sized category," said Mr. Sheehan.

The companies are ranked based on two factors.  Worth 75% of the total evaluation, anonymous employee surveys measure the employee experience.  Worth the other 25% of the total evaluation, experts analyze company workplace policies, practices, philosophies, systems and demographics.  The combined scores determine the Best Places to Work in PA.

"This survey and awards program was designed to identify, recognize, and honor the best places of employment in Pennsylvania, who are benefiting the state's economy and its workforce," said Kathy J. Jones, CTC's Senior Director, Human Resources.  "CTC currently has over 700 employees spread across Pennsylvania, including five offices in addition to off-site and client locations."
CTC will be recognized at an awards banquet on Thursday, November 29th at the Lancaster County Convention Center in Lancaster, PA.  The awards program, created in 2000, is a public/private partnership between Team Pennsylvania Foundation, the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development, the Pennsylvania State Council of the Society for Human Resource Management, and the Central Penn Business Journal
Concurrent Technologies Corporation (CTC) is an independent, nonprofit, applied scientific research and development professional services organization providing innovative management and technology-based solutions to government and industry.  As a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, CTC's primary purpose and programs are to undertake applied scientific research and development activities that serve the public interest.  For more information, visit

The Concurrent Technology Corp. logo is available at

The Best Places to Work in PA logo is available at

Concurrent Technology Corp. Logo

Contact Data