Dublin, March 08, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Precision Farming Technologies and Global Markets" report to their offering.
The Global Market for Precision Farming Technologies Should Total $5.9 Billion in 2021, a Five-Year Compound Annual Growth Rate of 12.4%
Precision farming is defined (also known as precision agriculture or satellite farming) technologies as a farming management concept that utilizes software and hardware for observing, measuring and responding to intra-field variability in crops, resulting in better crop management and more effective output.
Precision farming includes various hardware technologies such as automated systems, control systems, and sensing and monitoring devices, as well as software solutions such as farm management software. In precision farming, software and hardware works in conjunction; a full-proof precision farming tool/system will have multiple hardware and software solutions seamlessly integrated and working together.
To calculate and segment the market, we considered precision farming hardware and software. The calculation also considers services revenue from the precision farming technology providers. However, after-market software, hardware and services are beyond the scope of this report. In addition, services that are not directly related to precision farming technologies, such as education and training, and consulting services, are also beyond the scope of this report, as is hardware security related to farm management and access control.
The report begins by introducing the reader to how the market for precision farming technologies has evolved over time and how various factors are impacting the market.
Building on that understanding, the study proceeds to identify the following market factors:
- Primary forces with a direct impact on the precision farming technologies markets.
- Secondary forces that have an indirect impact.
- Key funding and financing in this space, which are particularly supportive for new entrants.
- Some key challenges that may hinder the growth of this market.
- Key trends visible in the market.
- The top applications of precision farming technologies, along with top precision farming technology segments.
- An overview of the global precision farming market.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015, 2016 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021
- Discussion of technologies and factors influencing demand as well as challenges such as high initial implementation and lack of skilled personnel in certain regions
- In-depth analysis of the hardware precision farming technology, including automations systems, control systems, and sensing and monitoring devices
- A look at upcoming new products and new developments in the market along with various strategic initiatives and strengths of vendors
- Relevant patent analysis
- Profiles of major players in the industry
Key Topics Covered:
- Study Goals And Objectives
- Definition And Scope Of Study
- Reasons For Doing The Study
- Intended Audience
- Information Sources
- Evolution Of The Precision Farming Technology Market
- Technology Roadmap Of Precision Farming
- Various Technologies In The Precision Farming Technologies Market
- New Opportunities In The Precision Farming Technologies Market
- Various Stakeholders In The Precision Farming Technology Market
- Growth Forecast Of The Precision Farming Technologies Market
- Major Market Forces
- Key Buying Criteria
- Key Strategies In The Precision Farming Technologies Space
4: Market By Type Of Technology
- Guidance System Technologies
- Remote Sensing And Control Systems
- Variable Rate Technology
5: Precision Farming Technologies Markets By Type
- Hardware Market
- Software Market
6: Precision Farming Technologies Markets By Application
- Yield Monitoring
- Soil Monitoring
- Variable Rate Applications
- Field Mapping
- Software Applications
7: Industry Structure
- Key Trends In The Market For Precision Farming Technologies
- Venture Capital Funding And Investments
- Mergers And Acquisitions
- Industry Challenges And Concerns
8: Patent Activity
9: Global Regional Markets
- Geographic Segmentation
10: Company Profiles
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/szqgv8/precision_farming
CONTACT: Research and Markets Laura Wood, Senior Manager firstname.lastname@example.org For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900 U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907 Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716 Related Topics: Agriculture