SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwire - March 27, 2008) - Adobe Systems Incorporated (NASDAQ: ADBE)
today announced Adobe®
Photoshop® Express public beta, a free Rich Internet Application
(RIA) available to anyone who wants to store, sort and show off digital
photos with eye-catching effects. During the public beta period, Adobe will
solicit Photoshop Express user feedback on product features and
functionality, which will continue to evolve over time. As the newest
addition to the Photoshop family line, Photoshop Express has taken much of
Adobe's best image editing technology and made it simple and accessible to
a new online audience. Photoshop Express allows users to store up to 2
gigabytes of images online for free, make edits to their photos, and share
them online in creative ways, including downloading and uploading photos
from popular social networking sites like Facebook.
Simple, Fun and Accessible
Variety of Creative Sharing Options
- Upload and sort digital photos anytime, edit non-destructively to
always preserve the original image, and share from anywhere, on any Web
- In a few easy clicks, make standard edits, such as removing blemishes
and red-eye, converting to black and white, cropping and resizing, and much
more. No experience is required to add special effects that will impress
friends and family.
- Use Pop Color to select an object in an image, mute the background
color of the photo and swap the object's color, so it jumps off the
- Make photos look like drawings with Sketch effects.
- Use Distort feature to distort facial features or objects within the
images for a comical or artistic effect. Even users with limited photo
editing knowledge, can simply select what looks best from a line-up of
sample photos, which provides a series of visual hints showing different
variations of the added effect.
Adobe Photoshop Family of Products
- Upload and show off photos and slideshows in your own online "Gallery"
hosted by Adobe.
- Conveniently embed or link photos to social networking sites and
personal blogs without having to leave the application.
- Make your slideshows look better with animation that makes photos float
and fly across the screen, allowing for viewer interactivity and unique
Free and Available Now
- Adobe Photoshop CS3 and Photoshop CS3 Extended are at the heart of the
Photoshop family, joined by solutions for users at every level who want to
bring out the best in their digital images and turn inspiration into visual
reality. Photoshop Lightroom™ addresses the workflow needs of
professional and serious amateur photographers. Photoshop Elements provides
exciting tools and sharing options for photo hobbyists.
- Photoshop Express is the latest step Adobe is taking to leverage the
advanced technology that underpins its award-winning creative products and
deliver it to new online communities.
- In early 2007, Adobe also announced the availability of Adobe®
Premiere® Express, an online video editing and mash-up tool on partner
sites such as MTV and Photobucket. Adobe Premiere Express leverages the
functionality found in Premiere Elements, a fully-featured desktop video
Quote: Doug Mack, vice president of Consumer and Hosted Solutions
"Photoshop is trusted technology that has changed the visual landscape of our world. Now, Photoshop Express allows anyone who snaps a digital photo to easily achieve the high-impact results for which Adobe is known," said Doug Mack, vice president of Consumer and Hosted Solutions at Adobe. "Photoshop Express is a convenient, single destination where you can store, edit and share photos whether you're at home, school or on the road."
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe revolutionizes how the world engages with ideas and information --
anytime, anywhere and through any medium. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.
Adobe Photoshop Express: www.photoshop.com/express
Screen shots: www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/downloadimages/
Facebook Fan Page: www.facebook.com/pages/Photoshop-Express/10744195565
Adobe Systems Incorporated: www.adobe.com
- Adobe Photoshop Express beta is available now for free via any Web
browser at http://www.photoshop.com/express.
- Photoshop Express was created with Flex, Adobe's free, open source
framework for building RIAs. Flex applications provide a consistent, rich
user experience across operating systems and all major browsers, including
Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari and others.
- An Internet connection and an up-to-date Flash® Player 9 are all that
are required to experience Adobe Photoshop Express.
- In its early phases, Photoshop Express is available to US
residents-only in English. Users may experience slow performance if
accessed outside of the US. Future plans include availability in other
languages and countries.
Contact Information: Contact: