CAIRO, EGYPT--(Marketwire - February 23, 2009) -

Cairo, Egypt / February 23, 2009, 1:30 PM

Sonatrach/OCI Hold Ceremony for Sorfert Algeria

Orascom Construction Industries (OCI) announced today that its
management team attended a formal ceremony for the signing of
the detailed gas supply agreement for Sorfert Algeria with the Algerian
state-owned oil & gas company Sonatrach.  The ceremony was attended by
Algerian and Egyptian dignitaries including His Excellency, the
Algerian Minister of Energy and Mines - Dr. Chekib Khalil - and His
Excellency the Egyptian Ambassador to Algeria. Senior management
members from Sonatrach and Sorfert Algeria also attended the event.

The gas supply agreement allows for gas supply period to begin in 2011
with the full commissioning of the plant.

About Sorfert Algerie

Sorfert Algerie is currently constructing a nitrogen fertilizer
production complex which shall have an annual capacity of 1.2 million
tons of urea and 0.8 million tons of ammonia. The complex is located in
the industrial zone of Arzew in Wahran province near the Mediterranean
coast. OCI has a 51% stake and Sonatrach holds the remaining 49%. The
complex is scheduled to begin commissioning works in late 2010.

For additional information contact:

OCI Investor Relations Department:  For additional information on OCI:
                                     Orascom Construction Industries
Omar Darwazah                        Nile City Towers - South Tower
Email:   2005A Corniche El Nil
                                     Cairo, Egypt

Erika Wakid
Tel: +202 2461 1039/1036/0727/0917   OCI stock symbols: OCIC.CA / ORCI
Fax: +202 2461 9409                  EY / OCICqL / ORSD

                    This information is provided by RNS
          The company news service from the London Stock Exchange


Contact Information: Contacts: RNS Customer Services 0044-207797-4400