WOBURN, MA--(Marketwire - June 11, 2009) - GerrityStone, New England's premiere interior and exterior custom stonework specialist, today announced that it will be the first company in New England to install the new ECO™ by Cosentino countertop in a home renovation project in Newton, MA. This countertop is made from 75% post-industrial and post-consumer material and features a natural resin made from corn and soy which reduces the impact on the environment during production.

The Newton renovation project is a 500-square-foot addition to an existing home. It features several "green" elements like sustainable and water-reducing products to reduce energy costs and minimize the overall impact on the environment. The ECO™ by Cosentino countertop adds the finishing touch to this stylish and eco-friendly renovation.

"We are constantly evaluating new product offerings, and the majority of new surfacing materials emerging have been designed with the environment in mind," said GerrityStone CEO Tracy Streckenbach. "It's an exciting time for clients who seek to maximize Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) points on their projects. That's why we're delighted to partner with ECO™ by Cosentino. An ECO countertop does contribute LEED points towards certification and is virtually maintenance-free. It's a unique -- and green -- alternative," she said.

Cosentino takes a completely different approach to sourcing materials for its ECO™ countertops. Currently there are two "collections" -- the Green Collection that uses 75% post-consumer materials, and the Revival Collection that contains 75% post-industrial (or pre-consumer) materials. These materials include such components as broken glass and mirrors, ceramics, and industrial furnace residuals (crystallized ash). Most of the remaining 25% of the material is made up of stone chips and Cosentino's natural resin.

"What I really like about ECO™ by Cosentino is that it is made from materials that are at the end of their lifecycle like broken sinks or furnace ash," Streckenbach said. "It brings green to a whole new level."

Like any high-end material, it is vitally important that ECO™ by Cosentino is fabricated and installed by experienced craftspeople. Only certified fabricators can sell and install ECO™ by Cosentino.

GerrityStone specializes in custom stone fabrication and installation for kitchens, bathrooms, fireplaces, and outdoor living spaces. Achieving the industry's highest customer satisfaction ratings and offering the widest selection of directly sourced materials are the cornerstones of the company's philosophy. GerrityStone is an industry leader in green practices providing education on LEED certification, as well as continually reducing its own ecological footprint and promoting green initiatives in the Boston area through its "Green Team," an employee volunteer program.

GerrityStone is located just 10 miles north of Boston in Woburn, Massachusetts and serves architects, designers, builders and homeowners throughout New England. The GerrityStone Design Center is open Monday through Saturday with extended hours Tuesday through Friday. For more information please call GerrityStone at 781-938-1820, or visit www.gerritystone.com. Press inquiries; please contact Joanne DiFrancesco, JDCommunications, Inc., 781-828-0323 or jdcommunications@verizon.net.

Contact Information: PRESS CONTACT: Joanne DiFrancesco JDCommunications, Inc. (781) 828-0323