LONDON--(Marketwire - November 8, 2010) - Announcing HRO Summit Europe - 16-18th November, Mövenpick Hotel, Amsterdam
For the seventh year, the HRO Summit Europe brings together the single largest gathering of HR decision-makers with multi-million euro purchasing authority. Over 250 HR officers, senior vice presidents and vice presidents of HR and shared services management, and the leading providers and advisors in the industry are expected to once again attend the annual HRO Summit Europe.
HRO Summit Europe is exclusively designed to provide tangible reasons for attendance with its unique, modular, Summit-within-a-Summit format. This year the whole agenda is based around Shifting into High Gear: How HR will be the tool to generate lasting success. The agenda consists of the following sessions:
1. Two plenary environments where delegates can interact with new data or insights on the big trends and issues shaping our overall environment. These keynote sessions will kick-off and end the summit days with sessions intended to expand our thinking, broaden our horizons, and reinvigorate us as leaders. Our speakers are Peter Cappelli, Director of the Center for Human Resources, The Wharton School (A Question of Talent); Nigel Perks, Chief Human Resources Officer, BT Global Services (HR in the new decade); and David Fairhurst, Senior Vice President & Chief People Officer, McDonald's Restaurants Ltd (Understanding the HR professionals next steps).
2. Payroll Summit -- investigating what a European Payroll implementation look like in 2010 and beyond? Presenters include Rob Remmerswaal, Head of the Central Personnel Division and Payroll, Uvipa Foundation; Denis Carroll, International Payroll Consultant, Thomson Reuters; Fabrice Fourcot, Rhodia; Mike Friend, Director, Harris Interactive; and Martin Stockton, Director, TPI. With the introduction and design of the Summit with the contribution of ADP, NorthgateArinso and EquaTerra.
3. Sourcing & Technology Summit -- tackles how a company drives their sourcing journey. The speakers will focus on what the key lessons of the downturn are to making sourcing choices effective (or not). Our range of speakers includes Luc de Baets, Executive Vice President, Human Resources, Ahold Europe; Anthony Hesketh, Professor, Lancaster University; Simon Brown, HR Transformation Deployment Director, The Coca-Cola Company; Tibor Beles, Vice President Business Process Outsourcing, Oracle; and Norman Baldwin, HR Director, Logica with introductions from Kirkman Company.
4. Recruitment & Talent Summit -- delegates here should buckle up for a ride through the world of Recruitment and Talent trends, best practices and predictions. Over almost a whole day, the speakers include April Samulewicz, Global Head of Talent Acquisition CoE, Zurich Financial Services; Anthony Hesketh, Professor, Lancaster University; Catherine Lynch, HR Director, Santander; Gary Bragar, Research Director HRO, Nelson Hall; Leon Vliegen, VP HR, Borealis; Rebecca Clark, Healthcare European Talent Acquisition Leader, GE; Georg Bachmaier, Talent Acquisition & Diversity Lead, Microsoft; and Mike Jones, Global Head, Logica. The entire Summit includes contributions from many of the leading RPO providers and will be hosted by Zachary Misko, Global Director, Kelly OCG.
5. Learning Summit -- "Agility and Adaptability" or "Stick to the basics" -- What is the Key Message for Learning in these Uncertain Times? IBM hosts the Summit with involvement from Raytheon and NIIT who bring together a stellar set of speakers including Simon Constance, Orion Partners; Cynthia Crose, VP - Global Process Leader, IBM; Tami McLallen, Director of FlagShip University, American Airlines; Gary Bragar, Research Director, HRO Nelson Hall; Paul Swinscoe, Director Business Development RPS EMEA, Raytheon; Edward Trolley, Vice President of Managed Training Services, NIIT; and John Higgins, Founder & CEO, Higgins Learning Group.
6. HRO Lifecycle Summit -- includes speakers from some of the longest running outsourced projects and asks them what does your implementation look like in 2010 and how are you breaking the mould? Charles- Henry Duroyon, VP HR Shared Services and Information Systems at Group Level, Faurecia; Norman Baldwin, HR Director, Logica; and Richard King, Western Europe HR Services and Solutions Director, Procter & Gamble all join panel host Tim Palmer, Partner, PA Consulting.
7. Workshop and networking -- TPI and Accenture both host workshops on the pre-conference day and focus on those issues that represent the persistent challenges that never really go away and for which there are tremendous opportunities to share information across all stages of an HRO initiative or experience. Throughout the whole conference are constant opportunities for informal and formal networking. The event opens with a Welcome Reception hosted by Ochre House on Tuesday 16th November, and on Wednesday we have the Evening Entertainment hosted by Manpower which involves a canal trip through Amsterdam to the former Heineken brewery. The group will take the 'Heineken Experience' before relaxing in the 'Koelschip' for dinner, drinks and a relaxed networking environment. On the Thursday morning Hyphen will host a Breakfast in advance of the RPO Summit.
Faye Holland, host of HRO Summit Europe and European managing director of SharedXpertise, said, "This year's see the gathering of dozens of the leading minds in the field of HR Transformation and our delegates from all across Europe and as far as the Middle East and Latin America giving a true global feel to the delegation. I am honored that HRO Summit Europe remains the one destination for HR professionals seeking blueprints for improved HR processes."
About SharedXpertise Media and the HRO Summit Europe
SharedXpertise Media is the leader in providing media, summits and forums that develop professional practices in the areas of corporate responsibility, human resources and financial management. Its media offerings include print and online publications; its summits are conferences and its forums offer association membership programs. SharedXpertise serves strategy-level corporate executives in the human resources, finance, compliance and sustainability professions in North America, Europe and Asia.
HRO Summit Europe is part of the SharedXpertise Summit series and has been running since 2003, historically in Brussels, Belgium.