Best Traveler Photos, Top 25 Attractions and Most Popular Things to Do Around the World Round Out Viator's 2010 Traveler Awards
SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - January 26, 2011) - Viator.com, the leading resource for researching and booking more than 5,500 trip activities and experiences at the best prices, has named the top 10 most popular travel destinations of 2010 as part of the Company's annual Viator Traveler Awards competition. All Viator Traveler Award winners are selected by using a combination of actual trips taken by Viator travelers with data on the destinations most frequently visited by the 20+ million travelers who researched and planned their travels on Viator.com in 2010.
Viator's Top 10 Travel Destinations of 2010
1. Paris, France -- Skip the line at the Louvre, Moulin Rouge experiences, private tours in classic 2CVs, dinner in the home of a Parisian family
2. Las Vegas, Nevada -- Hot show tickets, VIP nightclub passes, tours of the famous Strip and all things Grand Canyon, Lake Mead and Hoover Dam
3. Rome, Italy -- After-hours tour of the Vatican and Sistine Chapel, Skip the line at the Colosseum, day trips to Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast
4. New York City, New York -- Manhattan Island helicopter tours, Broadway theatre tickets, day trips to Niagara Falls, Rock & Roll and Hip Hop themed tours
5. London, England -- Skip the line at the Tower of London with private Crown Jewels viewing, Harry Potter experiences, VIP London Eye tickets, day trips to Stonehenge, Bath and Windsor Castle
6. Florence, Italy -- Skip the line at the Uffizi and Accademia Galleries, authentic Tuscan cooking classes, Chianti region wine tastings, day trips to Cinque Terre and Siena
7. Tokyo, Japan -- Mt. Fuji and Lake Ashi excursions by Bullet Train, Meiji Shrine and Senso-Ji Temple tours, Sumo Wrestling tournaments, sushi making and fish market visits
8. Sydney, Australia -- Sydney Harbour cruises, behind the scenes tour of the Sydney Opera House, Day trips to the Blue Mountains and Hunter Valley, Sydney Skywalk and Bondi excursions
9. San Francisco, California -- Alcatraz and city sightseeing tours, Bay cruises, day trips to Sausalito, Muir Woods and Carmel, wine tasting in the Napa and Sonoma valleys
10. Melbourne, Australia -- Great Ocean Road eco tours, Melbourne city sightseeing and shopping excursions, visits to the Phillips Island penguin colony, Yarra Valley wine tasting and balloon flights
"The past year saw many of the most popular destinations around the world remain strong favorites, but we think 2011 will see more travelers journeying outside the box to experience new destinations and cultures," said Ms. Barrie Seidenberg, president and CEO of Viator. "Our 2011 predictions include:
In addition to making predictions for travel in 2011 and naming the top travel destinations of 2010 (50 in total, with the full list available on the Viator Travel Blog), Viator has also named the Travel Award Winners for 2010 in the following categories: Best Travel Photos of 2010; World's Top 25 Attractions; Top 25 Things to do in Africa & the Middle East; in Central & South America; in the Caribbean; in Asia; in Europe; in the USA & Canada; and in Australia & New Zealand.
For travel inspiration as well as the latest news, special promotions, deals, contests and suggestions, travelers can visit the Viator Travel Blog (http://travelblog.viator.com) as well as Twitter (http://twitter.com/ViatorTravel) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/ViatorTours).
Viator is the world's leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to more than 5,500 tours, attractions and activities in 450-plus destinations in 75 countries. Viator -- the Latin word for traveler -- offers travelers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities with helpful resources like more than 200,000 traveler reviews and photos, star ratings, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viator's in-house travel experts have picked respected and trusted local operators to ensure a quality experience, value and service, all backed by Viator's low-price guarantee. Founded in 1995, Viator sells its products directly to consumers at www.viator.com and through its global network of more than 1,000 affiliates that include major hotel and airline companies, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Through its collection of company operated and affiliated sites, including seven European-language sites and a Japanese site, Viator welcomes more than 2.5 million visitors per month. Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas.