WEST JORDAN, UT--(Marketwired - Oct 22, 2014) - Mountain America Credit Union has been nationally ranked by the Credit Union Journal as one of the 2014 Best Credit Unions to Work For. This designation was awarded to 30 companies for demonstrating excellence in creating quality workplaces for employees.

Mountain America ranked third in the category for credit unions with more than $1 billion in assets, standing out for exemplary efforts surrounding community service initiatives, fitness and wellness programs, and employee recognition.

"Mountain America strives to hire the best quality people, recognizing each individual will either add to creating an outstanding culture or take away from it. We recognize a very positive and engaging workplace culture helps employees thrive in all aspects of their lives: personal health and wellness; family and friends; and in the community," said Marshall Paepke, executive vice president for Mountain America. "We have found there is a direct correlation between employee engagement and being happy with their work environment, and the high level of service provided to members and member loyalty."

The Credit Union Journal partnered with Best Companies Group to determine the Best Credit Unions to Work For using a two-step process. The first step consisted of evaluating each participating credit union's workplace policies, practices and demographics, worth 25% of the evaluation. The second part consisted of employee surveys to assess the experiences and attitudes of individual employees with respect to their workplace, worth the remaining 75% of the evaluation. The combined scores determined the final ranking. Best Companies Group managed the overall registration and survey process and also analyzed the data to determine the final ranking. 

Information on the award can be found at www.bestcreditunionstoworkfor.com.

About Mountain America Credit Union
Mountain America Credit Union has more than $4 billion in assets and serves more than 488,000 members, wherever they are, through online and mobile banking, 77 branches in five states, and provides access to more than 30,000 ATMs and 5,000 shared-branching locations nationwide. With roots dating back to the 1930s, Mountain America offers a variety of financial products and services for consumers and businesses, including savings accounts, auto loans, checking accounts, mortgage loans, business checking, student loans, SBA loans and retirement options. Visit www.macu.com for more information.

Contact Information:

Media Contact:
Rachel Langlois
(801) 325-6174