SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwired - Oct 29, 2014) - Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) today announced that NAKA Mobile, a global mobile telecommunication and technology company based in Switzerland, has selected the Cisco® Virtualized Packet Core (vPC) to transform its network architecture. With the resulting agility and elasticity, NAKA Mobile plans to expand its network beyond Switzerland and provide customers with advanced mobile Internet services around the world.
As a specialist mobile operator, NAKA Mobile has advantages over its bigger, traditional competitors in the area of vertical market understanding and faster time-to-market. Cisco vPC multiplies that time-to-market and service agility advantage. NAKA Mobile tested the Cisco Virtualized Packet Core in their labs and chose the platform to increase network flexibility. This helps enable the mobile operator to implement scalable services within days and weeks, while also reducing their total cost of ownership.
NAKA Mobile is a privately held company with a long-established and renowned enterprise as its majority stakeholder and with strategic focus on electric power plants. NAKA Mobile offers its high-tech communication solution to global mobile network operators (MNOs), mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs) and distribution partners.
- NAKA is the first mobile operator to formally announce that they have installed and launched services on a Cisco Virtualized Packet Core.
- With this deployment, NAKA Mobile enhances its network speed and connectivity and offers innovative services that transform the user experience and provide further opportunity to scale and monetize its mobile Internet network.
- The Cisco Virtualized Packet Core is the industry's most complete, fully virtualized evolved packet core and redefines the paradigm of agility for service providers.
- The Cisco Virtualized Packet Core can be implemented in mobile operators and mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs) with only a few hundred customers and can scale into networks with millions of customers and Internet of Thing (IoT) devices.
- Daniel Sendin, chief operating officer, NAKA Mobile
"Cisco is a market leader with solid technology that permits NAKA Mobile the capability to dynamically scale our mobile Internet network capacity. NAKA Mobile chose Cisco because they offered us the platform scalability of a virtualized packet core and the ability to scale. As a result, we can offer different deployment options depending on the size and maturity of the market. The Cisco Virtualized Packet Core also gives us the flexibility to implement solutions spanning 10,000 to millions of users while using the same software over different platforms."
- Mike Iandolo, vice president and general manager, Mobile Internet Technology Group, Cisco
"NAKA Mobile is launching the world's first virtualized packet core mobile Internet services, and Cisco is delighted to support its efforts. The Cisco Virtualized Packet Core solution enables NAKA Mobile to deploy the Cisco StarOS software architecture on different hardware platforms. What we see here is a great example for creating business value by virtualizing network functions and by automating and orchestrating the applications and network elements."
Keywords: mobile Internet, mobility, mobile, service providers, mobile operators, Cisco Virtualized Packet Core, Cisco vPC, Naka Mobile, Cisco, Daniel Sendin, Mike Iandolo
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.