BOSTON, MA and SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 21, 2015) - Core Security®, a leading provider of attack intelligence solutions, today at RSA Conference 2015 announced the latest version of its vulnerability management solution, Core Insight 4.5.
Core Insight solves the most significant problem plaguing today's enterprise vulnerability management teams: data overload. Ineffective prioritization and patching processes are highlighted by the 2015 HP Cyber Risk Report's finding that 44% of breaches are the result of vulnerabilities which are two to four years old.
Core Insight addresses this problem by consolidating, prioritizing and validating vulnerability management initiatives enterprise-wide. Normalizing multiple vulnerability scans across vendors, matching known exploits and simulating attacks enables users to focus remediation efforts on the most vulnerable points of their networks.
What's new in Core Insight 4.5:
- Interactive Attack Paths: Tailored for complex environments with thousands of assets that change on a regular basis, Core Insight provides a single view of attack risk throughout the largest networks. Users can quickly model potential threat scenarios on the fly according to risk criteria that are most relevant to their business. This interactive view allows users to quickly modify attack path characteristics to see exactly how an attack could propagate across an organization's network. After high-risk attack paths have been identified and eliminated, users can immediately visualize and report on their improved risk state.
- Centralized Asset Store: In order to efficiently consolidate and normalize massive amounts of vulnerability data while maintaining overall scalability and performance, Core Insight now leverages a centralized single-instance asset store for simpler data import, faster analytics, and flexible queries. Core Insight comes with pre-defined connectors to Vulnerability Assessment solutions from Tenable Nessus®, Tenable SecurityCenter®, Tripwire IP360™, McAfee® Vulnerability Manager, and Qualys® VM. Additional connectors and integrations are available through a highly extensible API. The results of the data import can be immediately sorted and filtered by vector type, IP, CVE, and server type, among other criteria. This enables organizations with many assets to consolidate and normalize this data in one location for analytics and reporting.
- Enhanced Exploit Matching & Filtering: To further enhance the vulnerability prioritization capabilities of Core Insight, version 4.5 takes exploit matching to a new level. Users can now filter and prioritize imported vulnerabilities using more than 6.3 million data points found in the Vulnerability Context Catalog. This allows users to create customized threat scenarios representing potential business risk specific to their organization. The results from exploit matching and filtering can be shared in a report or viewed directly in Core Insight.
- Flexible Reporting: A flexible reporting engine facilitates granular filtering, grouping, and extensive configuration of large amounts of data. This engine allows users the choice of out-of-the-box reports or creating their own reports. Reports are easily customized (branding, pivot tables, visual charts, etc.) through Microsoft Excel templates. After configuring the Excel templates, the report can be shared as a PDF file or imported into Core Insight for future usage. This flexibility makes it easier to share data with co-workers, management and other constituents.
- Smart Card Authentication: Core Insight now supports digital certificate authentication through web browsers and smart cards. Smart cards (known as Common Access Cards in the public sector) are used on a daily basis by private organizations and federal agencies alike, providing an added layer of security with embedded certificates when accessing sensitive data. Users that are required to use a smart card can now gain secure access to Core Insight simply by inserting the card, connecting to Core Insight via a browser, accepting the browser certificate and entering the related authentication PIN. No additional coding or customization is required.
Core Insight recently received several industry recognitions. In March, the solution earned a perfect five-star rating in the SC Magazine vulnerability assessment group review. In November, Core Insight won Information Security Magazine and SearchSecurity.com Readers' Choice Award, coming out on top in the "Best Vulnerability Management Products" category. In October, the South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services received a CSO50 Award from CSO Magazine for its work with Core Insight.
About Core Security
Core Security provides the industry's first comprehensive attack intelligence platform offering advanced analytics to prioritize, validate and ultimately eliminate security threats. With Core Security, enterprises and security professionals focus on the most likely threats to their business by modeling, simulating and testing the actions of an actual attacker. Core Security helps more than 1,000 customers worldwide identify the most vulnerable areas of their IT environments in order to improve their remediation efforts and better secure their business. The company's patented, proven, award-winning enterprise products and solutions are backed by more than 15 years of applied expertise from CoreLabs research and Core Security Consulting Services.