BOSTON, MA--(Marketwired - Jul 29, 2015) - Storiant, a provider of capacity data storage solutions for enterprises, today announced it has delivered the first single solution certified for Symantec Enterprise Vault that spans storage tiers from warm to cold. The certification gives Symantec Enterprise Vault users access to Storiant's on-premise, capacity storage solution which unifies long-term storage uses that were historically separate, including those for immutability/compliance, data analytics, business continuity, and archiving. Storiant is tuned for Tier 2 & Tier 3 storage with a TCO that rivals the public cloud.

Enterprise Vault enables organizations to efficiently store, manage, discover and retrieve unstructured information as needed for business, and now includes the integration necessary for users to take full advantage of Storiant's solution.

"With both primary and secondary certification, Storiant's solution is among the most flexible and highest-performance object-stores in the industry," said John Hogan, vice president of engineering and product management at Storiant. "This certification supports our belief that the industry is converging to a two-tier storage model. We see a future with Flash/SSDs serving hot storage -- around 10 percent of all data -- and capacity storage like Storiant meeting needs for the other 90 percent: such as compliance, long-term archive, business continuity, backup, data analytics, cloud storage-as-a-service and tape replacement."

Storiant's solution is an on-premise, massively scalable object store. Key technical attributes include:

  • On-premise solution
  • Scalability to exabytes
  • SEC 17a-4(f) compliance with immutability
  • Low-cost rivaling the public cloud
  • Fast data streaming
  • 18 nines of reliability
  • Compatible with legacy applications via a standard NAS interface

Storiant is available today for Symantec Enterprise Vault versions 10 and 11 via a downloadable XML. Storiant will be built into version 12 of Enterprise Vault as a selectable storage vendor, via Symantec's streamer API.

For more information on Storiant solutions, visit

About Storiant
Founded in 2012, Storiant is the leading provider of long-term storage software for data centers. The company enables data centers to retain exabyte-scale data at 90 percent lower cost than traditional alternatives, rivaling the cost efficiencies and scalability of the public cloud without sacrificing security and control. Storiant is headquartered in Boston, MA.

Contact Information:

Media Contact:
Alex Ingram
InkHouse for Storiant