EDISON, NJ--(Marketwired - Mar 2, 2016) - Vivitar, a design and manufacturing company aimed at providing fun and affordable tech products, recently announced its expansion into the smart home market with a collection of nearly a dozen affordable products. The new line enables users to remotely monitor and control a variety of home functions with a wireless connection and a smartphone and features products including smart plugs, smart light switches, baby monitors, monitoring solutions and a unique two-in-one Bluetooth speaker/LED light bulb. The line will be on display at the 2016 International Home + Housewares Show March 5-8 in Chicago (Booth #L12931).
Highlights of the new Vivitar Smart Home collection include:
- The Vivitar 2-in-1 LED Bluetooth Speaker Light Bulb, a multi-colored LED light bulb that doubles as a Bluetooth speaker. Simply screw the light bulb into any standard light bulb socket -- then stream music wirelessly to the 'speaker bulb' from any Bluetooth-enabled device and change the lighting to suit your mood using the downloadable app. Choose from warm white illumination or red, orange, yellow, green, light blue, blue and purple LEDs. (MSRP $49.99)
- The Vivitar Wi-Fi Smart Plug, an intelligent electrical outlet enabling remote control of lights, TVs, appliances and more from anywhere in the world via a downloadable app. Create schedules to turn devices on or off, check remotely to see if you left the A/C or coffeemaker on when you left the house, and consult the built-in energy meter to see how much each device is costing you. Two USB chargers integrated into the plug allow smartphones and computers to be charged directly from the wallplate. (MSRP $49.99)
- The Vivitar Wi-Fi Smart Switch, an intelligent light switch enabling users to turn lights on and off both at home and away using any device with a Wi-Fi connection. Set schedules on a free companion app, control entire rooms with a tap, and consult the built-in energy meter to monitor the cost of lighting every room. (MSRP $39.99)
- The Vivitar Babycam, a Wi-Fi-connected video baby monitor that includes music, a night vision mode, a Talk 2 U feature for communicating with baby from a smartphone, a motion sensor alert, and a built-in fire/carbon monoxide/temperature detector. The wall-mounted unit comes with a library of lullabies, allows parents to add songs of their choice, and includes a built-in MicroSD card slot for up to 256GB of internal video storage as well as 2GB of free cloud storage space. (MSRP $99.99)
- The Vivitar Deluxe Home Security Starter Kit, a five-piece WiFi-enabled package incorporating a camera, two door/window alarm sensors, a remote motion detector and a smoke/carbon monoxide detector. The camera serves as the hub of the system, receiving information from all components and merging it into a single data stream for easy evaluation of system status in the downloadable app. Motion or smoke/carbon monoxide detection triggers an alarm like "motion in basement" that is sent to the user's smartphone. Users can pan and tilt the camera remotely to investigate. The camera includes a built-in MicroSD card slot for up to 256GB of internal video storage as well as 2GB of free cloud storage space. (MSRP $119.99)
The new line is shipping now to regional chains with expected availability in national retailers in mid-2016. MSRPs will range from $39.99 to $119.99. For more information visit www.vivitar.com
Vivitar designs and manufactures affordable consumer electronics ranging from on-trend digital lifestyle products for millennial consumers to cameras and accessories for amateur and professional photographers. With a rich heritage dating back to 1938, the company's portfolio today spans mobile and audio accessories, cameras, and a constantly evolving array of specialty products in emerging electronics categories. It also is the largest supplier of digital still cameras, camcorders and accessories around the world, harkening back to its origins as an importer of photographic equipment and its subsequent development of industry-leading mass-market cameras, lenses and flashes. A division of Sakar International since 2008, Vivitar is headquartered in Edison, NJ, with offices in the United Kingdom, Latin America, Canada, Australia and Hong Kong, and global retail distribution through more than 100,000 mass market and specialty locations. For more information, visit www.vivitar.com or follow the company on social media at Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.