NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - Sep 29, 2016) - Information Builders, a leader in business intelligence (BI) and analytics, data integrity, and integration solutions, today announced that its new book, Organizational Intelligence: How Smart Companies Use Information to Become More Competitive and Profitable, is now available in print and digital download through Amazon. Featuring the best practices from some of the world's most recognized brands, the book provides executives and BI practitioners sage advice on how to skillfully navigate today's BI and analytics landscape. Organizational Intelligence is co-authored by Information Builders' President and CEO Gerald D. Cohen and Vice President and Chief Innovation Officer Dr. Rado Kotorov, Ph.D., who together have more than four decades of experience in the industry.

Tweet This: .@infobldrs' new book #OrgIntel features #BI & #analytics best practices of world's most recognized brands!

The demand for information has steadily increased over the years as organizations invest in capturing and processing more data to improve decision-making and efficiency. The goal of BI and analytics has always been to empower organizations to make decisions based on facts, and that's still a fundamental objective today. However, Information Builders believes to truly capitalize on data assets, organizations must give every employee access to the information needed to make fact-based decisions on the job.

Based on this premise, the company's experts have published Organizational Intelligence, which explains how improving the decision-making process through information dissemination can raise organizational intelligence and market performance. Through an examination of the evolution of enterprise data access and technologies, as well as detailed case studies, the book outlines how organizations can build an overall strategy for organizational intelligence, and how to tailor the approach for different constituencies to maximize adoption and value.

Gerald Cohen, president and CEO, Information Builders, said:
"Despite advances in the field and cutting-edge technologies like WebFOCUS that support decision-making, studies show that BI and analytics have only achieved about 22 percent penetration within organizations. In this book, we examine why adoption isn't more pervasive and reveal how organizations can engage the remaining 78 percent. Senior executives, data practitioners, and business analysts can expect to get practical advice on leveraging information as a business asset. This is crucial for enabling the fact-based decision-making necessary for everything from data monetization, process enhancements and better customer experience, to business growth."

Visit Amazon to order a copy of Organizational Intelligence. To hear research and learn more about the case studies in the book, join the authors for a special webcast on October 6, 2016 at 2 p.m. ET, register here.

About Information Builders
Information Builders provides solutions for business intelligence (BI), analytics, data integration, and data quality that help drive performance improvements, innovation, and value. Through one set of powerful products, we enable organizations to serve everyone -- analysts, non-technical users, even partners, customers, and citizens -- with better data and analytics. Our dedication to customer success is unmatched with thousands of organizations relying on us as their trusted partner. Founded in 1975, Information Builders is headquartered in New York, NY, with global offices, and remains one of the largest independent, privately held companies in the industry. Visit us at, follow us on Twitter at @infobldrs, like us on Facebook, and visit our LinkedIn page.

Contact Information:

Press Contacts
Kathleen Moran
Information Builders
(917) 339-6313

Kate Finigan
(781) 761-4500