Dublin, May 26, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Research and Markets has announced the addition of SNS Research's new report "The Big Data Market: 2017 - 2030 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals and Forecasts" to their offering.
The Big Data Market: 2017 - 2030 - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies, Industry Verticals & Forecasts report presents an in-depth assessment of the Big Data ecosystem including key market drivers, challenges, investment potential, vertical market opportunities and use cases, future roadmap, value chain, case studies on Big Data analytics, vendor market share and strategies. The report also presents market size forecasts for Big Data hardware, software and professional services from 2017 through to 2030.
Big Data originally emerged as a term to describe datasets whose size is beyond the ability of traditional databases to capture, store, manage and analyze. However, the scope of the term has significantly expanded over the years. Big Data not only refers to the data itself but also a set of technologies that capture, store, manage and analyze large and variable collections of data, to solve complex problems.
Amid the proliferation of real-time data from sources such as mobile devices, web, social media, sensors, log files and transactional applications, Big Data has found a host of vertical market applications, ranging from fraud detection to scientific R&D.
Despite challenges relating to privacy concerns and organizational resistance, Big Data investments continue to gain momentum throughout the globe. The author estimates that Big Data investments will account for over $57 Billion in 2017 alone. These investments are further expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 10% over the next three years.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
Key Questions Answered
- How big is the Big Data ecosystem?
- How is the ecosystem evolving by segment and region?
- What will the market size be in 2020 and at what rate will it grow?
- What trends, challenges and barriers are influencing its growth?
- Who are the key Big Data software, hardware and services vendors and what are their strategies?
- How much are vertical enterprises investing in Big Data?
- What opportunities exist for Big Data analytics?
- Which countries and verticals will see the highest percentage of Big Data investments?
- In 2017, Big Data vendors will pocket over $57 Billion from hardware, software and professional services revenues. These investments are further expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 10% over the next four years, eventually accounting for over $76 Billion by the end of 2020.
- As part of wider plans to revitalize their economies, countries across the world are incorporating legislative initiatives to capitalize on Big Data. For example, the Japanese government is engaged in developing intellectual property protection and dispute resolution frameworks for Big Data assets, in a bid to encourage data sharing and accelerate the development of domestic industries.
- By the end of 2017, estimates suggest that as much as 30% of all Big Data workloads will be processed via cloud services as enterprises seek to avoid large-scale infrastructure investments and security issues associated with on-premise implementations.
- The vendor arena is continuing to consolidate with several prominent M&A deals such as computer hardware giant Dell's $60 Billion merger with data storage specialist EMC.
The report covers the following topics:
- Big Data ecosystem
- Market drivers and barriers
- Big Data technology, standardization and regulatory initiatives
- Big Data industry roadmap and value chain
- Analysis and use cases for 14 vertical markets
- Big Data analytics technology and case studies
- Big Data vendor market share
- Company profiles and strategies of 240 Big Data ecosystem players
- Strategic recommendations for Big Data hardware, software and professional services vendors, and enterprises
- Market analysis and forecasts from 2017 till 2030
Market forecasts are provided for each of the following submarkets and their subcategories:
- Hardware, Software & Professional Services
- Professional Services
- Storage & Compute Infrastructure
- Networking Infrastructure
- Hadoop & Infrastructure Software
- Analytic Platforms & Applications
- Cloud Platforms
- Professional Services
- Automotive, Aerospace & Transportation
- Banking & Securities
- Defense & Intelligence
- Healthcare & Pharmaceutical
- Smart Cities & Intelligent Buildings
- Manufacturing & Natural Resources
- Web, Media & Entertainment
- Public Safety & Homeland Security
- Public Services
- Retail, Wholesale & Hospitality
- Utilities & Energy
Key Topics Covered:
2: An Overview of Big Data
3: Big Data Analytics
4: Big Data in Automotive, Aerospace & Transportation
5: Big Data in Banking & Securities
6: Big Data in Defense & Intelligence
7: Big Data in Education
8: Big Data in Healthcare & Pharma
9: Big Data in Smart Cities & Intelligent Buildings
10: Big Data in Insurance
11: Big Data in Manufacturing & Natural Resources
12: Big Data in Web, Media & Entertainment
13: Big Data in Public Safety & Homeland Security
14: Big Data in Public Services
15: Big Data in Retail, Wholesale & Hospitality
16: Big Data in Telecommunications
17: Big Data in Utilities & Energy
18: Big Data Industry Roadmap & Value Chain
19: Standardization & Regulatory Initiatives
20: Market Analysis & Forecasts
21: Vendor Landscape
22: Conclusion & Strategic Recommendations
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3f5dj3/the_big_data
CONTACT: Research and Markets Laura Wood, Senior Manager firstname.lastname@example.org For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900 U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907 Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716 Related Topics: Big Data