Effingham, IL, Jan. 30, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Heartland Dental, the largest dental support organization in the country, continued its ongoing success and expansion this past year with many noteworthy achievements in growth and philanthropy.
“I’m extremely proud of what Heartland Dental was able to accomplish as a company in 2017,” said Patrick Bauer, President and Chief Executive Officer of Heartland Dental. “At the beginning of the year, we set many challenging goals for ourselves and now at year’s end, it’s great to see what has come to fruition. Even better, we were able to give back and help so many along the way.”
- 840 Supported Offices – The Company continued its nationwide growth and crossed its 800th supported office milestone in 2017, now supporting over 1,250 dentists and over 11,000 team members. The Company continues to grow through both office affiliation and supporting the opening of new De Novo offices, which recruited dentists lead. In 2017, Heartland Dental supported dentists provided care to over four million patients.
- Supported Doctor Growth – In 2017, 77 supported offices were added to Heartland Dental’s network (through 44 office affiliations and opening 33 new De Novo offices) and 322 recruited dentists joined the company’s supported offices.
- Inc. 5000 Honoree – For the seventh year in a row, Heartland Dental was named to the Inc. 5000 list, a feat that less than a tenth of Inc. 5000 honorees achieve. The annual Inc. 5000 list features America’s fastest-growing private companies spanning all industries, states and revenue brackets.
- Continuing Education – Heartland Dental initiated a re-engineering of its education processes for supported dentists and team members. A focus was to give new team members just starting a structured program for succeeding in their roles from the start. In addition, the company started focusing on online-based CE with their LMS, Homeroom, to provide a higher level of convenience and accessibility.
- Dental Office Support – Heartland Dental’s patient services team scheduled 31,000 patients through online appointment requests in 2017 for supported offices – an 87% increase compared to 2016. They also answered 1.5 million inbound patient calls in 2017.
- 2017 Winter Conference – Heartland Dental’s annual event for continuing education, networking and celebration saw its largest turnout ever, with over 1,200 supported dentists and guests in attendance. The event welcomed keynote speakers Bonnie St. John, Dave Ramsey and Patrick Lencioni, in addition to other prominent business and clinical speakers.
- Donating Dentistry – This year, 248 Heartland Dental supported offices participated in the Free Dentistry Day initiative, collectively donating nearly $3 million dollars in dental services to over 8,000 patients in need. This is the highest amount donated in the history of Free Dentistry Day, up from 2016’s donation total of $2.1 million. Also, over $550,000 in dentistry was provided through Heartland Dental’s prominent continuing education programs, such as the Dr. Leadership series and the Aesthetic Continuum.
- Harvey and Irma Donations – In fall of 2017, 236 Heartland Dental supported offices were directly impacted by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, which affected countless team members and supported dentists. The company set up a Disaster Relief Fund to financially assist those affected, and raised over $90,000 to help their supported team members and families. Heartland Dental also paid over $1.2 million in compensation for those team members impacted by office closures due to the hurricanes.
- Bubble Challenge for Oral Cancer – 208 Heartland Dental supported offices helped raise awareness about oral cancer by participating in the Bubble Challenge. Together, they raised nearly $13,000.
“Our Company celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2017, and what better way to celebrate than with all of the fantastic things we were able to achieve and give back to others,” added Rick Workman, DMD, Founder and Executive Chairman of Heartland Dental. “It was all possible because of our amazing team members and supported dentists. I can’t wait to see what we can collectively accomplish together in 2018.”
About Heartland Dental
Heartland Dental, LLC is the largest dental support organization in the United States with more than 840 supported dental offices located in 34 states. Based in Effingham, Illinois and founded by Rick Workman, DMD, Heartland Dental offers supported dentists and team members continuing professional education and leadership training, along with a variety of non-clinical administrative services including staffing, human relations, procurement, administration, financial, marketing, and information technology. For more information, visit www.Heartland.com. Follow Heartland Dental on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Visit Dr. Workman’s Blog, Dentistry Leaders at www.dentistryleaders.com.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/89d37724-abf2-4035-bf59-a50f5e9d3051