latest news releases from the newsroom
StockPickReport: Citigroup, Level 3, and Research in Motion Rated Buy
SHREVEPORT, La., Dec. 3, 2004 (PRIMEZONE) -- Stock-Letter-Daily.Com (http://www.stock-letter-daily.com -- an affiliate site of StockPickReport, the web's only non-mainstream stock rating service), rates Citigroup Inc., Level 3 Communications, NVIDIA Corporation, Research In Motion Ltd.
StockPickReport: Mesothelioma Still Big News
SHREVEPORT, La., Dec. 3, 2004 (PRIMEZONE) -- Stock-Letter-Daily.Com (http://www.stock-letter-daily.com - an affiliate site of StockPickReport, the web's only non-mainstream stock rating service), rates Charter Communications, Medtronic Inc, SBC Communications Inc., Xilinx Inc.
Millicom International Cellular
Millicom Extends El Salvador License to 2018
NEW YORK, STOCKHOLM, Sweden, LONDON and BERTRANGE, Luxembourg, Dec. 3, 2004 (PRIMEZONE) -- Millicom International Cellular S.A. ("Millicom") (Nasdaq:MICC) (Stockholmsborsen and Luxembourg Stock Exchange: MIC), today announces that its subsidiary Telemovil has extended its cellular license in El Salvador. Telemovil's license in El Salvador was due for renewal in 2006 but it has agreed new license terms with the Regulator that will bring it into line with the other licenses in the market, so that Telemovil's license will now expire in 2018.
Teleca Acquires Lentech in Denmark
MALMO, Sweden, Dec. 03, 2004 (PRIMEZONE) -- Benima, Teleca's business specialising in industrial IT and automation, has signed an agreement to receive by subscription 80 per cent, with an option to purchase the remaining 20 per cent, of the shares in the Danish company Lentech A/S, which has a staff of 10. The acquisition is part of Benima's strategy to increase its market share in the Nordic region.
Saab and Embraer sign Component Maintenance Agreement worth MSEK 100
LINKOPING, Sweden, Dec. 3, 2004 (PRIMEZONE) -- Saab Aviocomp AB has signed an agreement with Embraer Aviation International under which it will support Embraer with rotable component maintenance for a designated component package that is included in Embraer's Pool Program. The agreement is on a long-term basis and value could be up to MSEK 100 considering the market potential.
Orc Software Collaborates with Interactive Brokers to Offer Market Access to their Mutual Clients for all Leading Derivatives Exchanges in the U.S.
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Dec. 3, 2004 (PRIMEZONE) -- Orc Software, leading provider of technology for advanced market making, trading and brokerage, announces that Interactive Brokers is the latest high profiled partner to be added to the Orc ExNet network. Orc Software's clients will from today be able to trade on all the leading derivatives exchanges provided by Interactive Brokers in the U.S., including American Stock Exchange (AMEX), Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE), Chicago Board of Trade (CBoT), Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME), International Securities Exchange (ISE), NQLX, One Chicago and Philadelphia Stock Exchange (PHLX) without the need for exchange membership.
Provalis plc Announces First Shipments of in2it A1c to the US
DEESIDE, FLINTSHIRE, U.K., Dec. 3, 2004 (PRIMEZONE) -- Provalis plc (LSE:PRO) (Nasdaq:PVLS), the Medical Diagnostics and Pharmaceuticals Group, is pleased to announce that its Medical Diagnostics business is today making the first commercial shipment of in2it(TM) A1c to the US. in2it(TM) A1c, Provalis' new, fully automated, diabetes diagnostic test, is sold directly to a network of sub-distributors in the US by Provalis Diagnostics USA, the US based sales organisation established by Provalis earlier this year.
ABB Asbestos Case to be Reviewed
ZURICH, Switzerland, Dec. 3, 2004 (PRIMEZONE) -- The Third Circuit Court of Appeals in the United States has ruled that ABB's Chapter 11 Plan of Reorganization for its U.S. subsidiary, Combustion Engineering (CE) will be reviewed again by the District Court. Under the Plan of Reorganization announced in January 2003, ABB offered a $1.2 billion trust fund for claims against CE. It consisted of the assets of CE valued at $812 million, about 30 million ABB shares, and cash contributions totalling about $350 million. The plan was accepted by an overwhelming majority of claimants, and approved by both the Bankruptcy and District courts.
Maxim Pharmaceuticals to Host Conference Call
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, and SAN DIEGO, Dec. 3, 2004 (PRIMEZONE) -- Maxim Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq:MAXM) (SSE:MAXM) today announced it will hold a conference call on Tuesday, December 7, 2004 at 10:00 a.m. EST (7:00 a.m. PST or 4:00 p.m. CET). Larry Stambaugh, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Maxim, will discuss the results of Maxim's Phase 3 clinical trial for Ceplene(tm) in the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia patients in complete remission as presented on December 6, 2004 at the 46th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology (ASH) in San Diego, CA.