latest news releases from the newsroom
Biora Annual General Meeting held on April 29 in Malmo, Sweden
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, April 29, 2003 (PRIMEZONE) -- At the Annual General Meeting "AGM" in Malmo, Sweden today, six of the ordinary members of the Board of Directors were re-elected. Jan Kvarnstrom, member of Biora Board since January 2002 and Lennart Jacobsson, deputy Board member declined re-election due to changed responsibilities. A new Deputy Director, Hakan Bohlin was elected. Shareholders at the Annual General meeting adopted the Board of Directors' proposal to amend the Articles of Association regarding notices of extraordinary meetings. In the future, notices will not be mailed directly to shareholders but will be made through a public announcement.
Occidental Petroleum Corp.
Occidental Signs Natural Gas Supply Agreement With Oman
LOS ANGELES, April 29, 2003 (PRIMEZONE) -- Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:OXY) announced today an agreement to sell 120 to 130 million gross cubic feet of natural gas per day from its Block 9 operations in Oman to the Omani Government beginning mid-year 2004. As the operator of Block 9, with a 65 percent working interest, Occidental will add approximately 10,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day to its worldwide production when this project becomes fully operational. Mitsui holds the remaining 35 percent interest.