latest news releases from the newsroom
Autoliv Raises Dividend and Calls Stockholders Meeting
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Dec. 17, 2002 (PRIMEZONE) -- Autoliv Inc. (NYSE:ALV) (Stockholm:ALIV), the worldwide leader in automotive safety, has decided to increase its quarterly dividend to shareholders by 18% to U.S. $.13 per share of common stock from $.11. The dividend will be payable on Thursday, March 6, 2003, to the Autoliv stockholders of record of the close of business, Thursday, February 6, 2003.
Telia Provides Tele/Datacom Solution for Axfood
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Dec. 17, 2002 (PRIMEZONE) -- Telia (Nasdaq:TLSN) has signed a functional agreement with Axfood in which, Telia has committed itself to provide a complete solution for telephony and data communications over a three-year period. An agreement has also been signed with Axfood to provide fixed line and mobile telephony services at fixed rates. The agreement are valued at approximately SEK 100 million.
Breakthrough for Boss Media's New Bingo Platform
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Dec. 17, 2002 (PRIMEZONE) -- Freeserve, Britain's leading Internet portal and ISP with over 4.7 million users per month, is today launching Freeserve Bingo together with Boss Media (Other OTC:BMDIF) (Stockholm:BOSS) and the long-established British gaming company Victor Chandler.
Telenor Sells Stake in Russian Regional Operator to VimpelCom
FORNEBU, Norway, Dec. 17, 2002 (PRIMEZONE) -- Telenor (Nasdaq:TELN) has sold its 49% share in Russian regional mobile operator, Extel, to Telenor Mobile's associated company, VimpelCom. The remaining 51% of the shares in Kaliningrad based Extel have also been sold to VimpelCom. The transaction will give Telenor a financial gain of approximately NOK45 million after tax and a return after tax of an estimated 25%.
Nine Local Authorities in Varmland Choose Personnel System from TietoEnator
ESPOO, Finland, Dec. 17, 2002 (PRIMEZONE) -- TietoEnator (Other OTC:TTNTF) (Stockholm:TIEN) has signed an agreement with nine of Varmland's local authorities that choose TietoEnator's Persona concept for the handling of their personnel administration. The local authorities are Kristinehamn, Storfors, Karlskoga, Filipstad, Degerfors, Eda, Kil, Forshaga and Grums. The agreement means that TietoEnator further strengthens its position within the personnel system area. The total order value is approximately SEK22M.
Metsa Tissue Oyj
Metsa Tissue to Acquire Controlling Interest in Polish Tissue Products Converter Krapex
HELSINKI, Finland, Dec. 17, 2002 (PRIMEZONE) -- Metsa Tissue Corporation has signed an agreement to purchase 38% of the shares of the Polish tissue products converter Krapex Sp.zoo for EUR 0.8 million. The price of the shares is based on the (100%) debt-free value of the whole of Krapex, which is roughly EUR 3 million. The acquisition is subject to the results of a process of due diligence and requires approval by Poland's competition authority and Ministry of the Interior. This official approval could be given during the first half of next year. If these conditions are met, Metsa Tissue's interest in Krapex would increase to 85% of the shares and votes.
Hannover Re Strengthens Equity Base
HANNOVER, Germany, Dec. 17, 2002 (PRIMEZONE) -- Hannover Re's (Other OTC:HVRRF) subsidiary ES Ruck, bearing exclusive responsibility for German business within the Group, yesterday successfully completed the capital increase announced in October.