latest news releases from the newsroom
Volvo: Truck Deliveries -- August 2003
GOTEBORG, Sweden, Sept. 22, 2003 (PRIMEZONE) -- Deliveries of trucks from the Volvo Group (Nasdaq:VOLVY) to date this year have declined 6%, compared with the year-earlier period. Mack Trucks was down 26% and Renault Trucks declined by 9%. However, Volvo Trucks posted an increase of 6%.
Millicom International Cellular
Millicom to consolidate El Salvador operation
NEW YORK, LONDON and BERTRANGE, Luxembourg, Sept. 22, 2003 (PRIMEZONE) -- Millicom International Cellular S.A. (Nasdaq:MICC), the global telecommunications investor, announced today that it has recommenced consolidating Telemovil, its operation in El Salvador, following the successful resolution of the shareholder disputes with its local partners.
Bitfone Improves Mobile Phone Management with mProve 3.0
SAN DIEGO, Sept. 22, 2003 (PRIMEZONE) -- Bitfone Corporation (www.bitfone.com), a leader in over-the-air (OTA) update technology for mobile phones, today announced the release of mProve 3.0(tm), the latest version of the company's flagship mobile device management solution. The new version offers end-to-end feature and performance enhancements, making it the most flexible, reliable and easy to use firmware update solution available today.
Spirent plc - Spirent Stock Option Plan Option Exchange Program
CRAWLEY, The United Kingdom, Sept. 22, 2003 (PRIMEZONE) -- Spirent plc (LSE:SPT) (NYSE:SPM) announces that the Option Exchange Offer which commenced on August 15, 2003 under the Option Exchange Program ("OEP") expired at 5pm US Eastern Time on September 15, 2003. Under the OEP, eligible employees who, as at August 15, 2003, held outstanding options under the Spirent Stock Option Plan with an exercise price of GBP1.40 per share or greater ("Underwater Options"), could tender their Underwater Options in exchange for the grant of options (the "Replacement Options").
Carlsberg Breweries makes an offer for a Serbian brewery
VALBY, Denmark, Sept. 22, 2003 (PRIMEZONE) -- At a general assembly held on 22 September 2003, the shareholders of the Serbian brewery Pivara Celarevo A.D. have decided to carry through a direct placing of shares, which will provide Carlsberg Breweries A/S (Other OTC:CABHF) with 51 per cent of the shares in Pivara Celarevo. Subsequently, Carlsberg Breweries must make a public tender for the remaining 49 per cent of the shares in Pivara Celarevo. The price per share is EUR 43.12/DKK 320, which gives a total price of the entire share capital of EUR 53 million/DKK 394 million. The transaction is subject to a due diligence process which starts immediately and to approval by authorities.