latest news releases from the newsroom
Norsk Hydro Out of Scanraff
OSLO, Norway, Sept. 18, 2003 (PRIMEZONE) -- Norsk Hydro (NYSE:NHY) (Pink Sheets:NHYAF) (Pink Sheets:NHYKF) has signed an agreement relating to the sale of the company's 25 percent share in the Scanraff oil refinery at Lysekil in Sweden to the oil company Preem, which already owns the remaining 75 percent of the refinery. Scanraff is the largest refinery in the Nordic region, and one of the most modern in Europe, with an annual processing capacity of 10 million tonnes.
Sapa owns 97.8 percent in Remi Claeys Aluminium
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, Sept. 18, 2003 (PRIMEZONE) -- The re-opened bid by Sapa (Pink Sheets:SPKKF) expired on September 12. Shares equal to 4.2 percent of the capital of RCA were tendered. The price of these shares will be paid on 19 September 2003.
Go-today.com: Amazing Winter Specials to London, Edinburgh & Dublin From $349!
BOTHELL, Wash., Sept. 17, 2003 (PRIMEZONE) -- If it is culture, history, shopping & great people you are looking for when choosing your next vacation destination -- consider one of these classic European cities; London, Edinburgh or Dublin -- they have it all. And whenever you are looking to travel this winter, Go-today.com is making it very affordable for you to visit these amazing cities. With prices from as low as $349 per person, we are making it very hard to stay home this winter. So hurry -- and take advantage of these incredible specials.
Zimmerman Reed Responds to Order Stalling Class Actions for Patients Injured by Baycol
MINNEAPOLIS, Sept. 17, 2003 (PRIMEZONE) -- Thousands of individuals across the country with high cholesterol were prescribed a less expensive, cholesterol-lowering drug, Baycol, manufactured by German drug giant, Bayer (BAY). According to hundreds of lawsuits filed throughout the country, the drug, before it was withdrawn, caused serious injuries to certain individual, sometimes resulting in death. To date, Bayer has paid over $460 million to settle individual claims in the United States involving serious injuries and death caused by Baycol.
A Personal Sense of Morality -- New book describes lawyer's struggle with morality
SAN ANTONIO, Sept. 17, 2003 (PRIMEZONE) -- John Merrick, a successful Chicago trial lawyer with a fulfilling marriage and family life, is summoned to his old law firm in Houston to litigate a class action lawsuit. What he encounters there prompts a revolution within him, as he faces the reality of two worlds of belief: objective morality and subjective morality. In his new book, Personal Injury (now available through 1stBooks), author Joe Compromise tells of the raw realization John makes as he begins to question his beliefs and replace them with new ones.